Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. That is a good start, and much cheaper. That will allow you to save for the regen items. You do want to skill up all of your weapon skills each level, this will save you pain later on.

Deathbringer's Rod and Green Jade Halberd are great options for your 2hb and 2hs, and will probably be your primary damage dealers.

For cheap 1hs, 1hb, and pierce to level up your skills, these are good, very cheap options:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Spine_Piercer
https://wiki.project1999.com/Sporali_Defender%27s_Blade
https://wiki.project1999.com/Deadwood_Stave

In terms of starting zone, you should move to Feerrott. Much easier to get to, and all the lizardmen/tadpoles drop basically the same stuff as decaying skeletons. That zone is much better than Nek Forest for cloth armor, weapons, etc.
It's the bone chips I want to be farming, that's why I only want Decaying Skeletons. I'm used to grindind them in Freeport and maybe a little Butcherblock.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I just realized that. Should be easy enough to line up a port from a friendly Druid to West Commons. Just have tip money, and get a SoW/Invis before hand. Then you can run to West Freeport and get bound there, away from the guards.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Skyfire to level 10, then ebon mace until you can afford a high end weapon. Maybe a lance or something would be the best bang for your buck as a large race?
Old 05-29-2020, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I just realized that. Should be easy enough to line up a port from a friendly Druid to West Commons. Just have tip money, and get a SoW/Invis before hand. Then you can run to West Freeport and get bound there, away from the guards.
Ideally, if I follow the path my Ranger took, I'd want:

1-5: newbie zone Decaying Skeletons.
5-12 Orcs near and in Crushbone.
12-18: Bandits in LFay.
18-22: Estate of Unrest
22-25 Mistmoore Castle
Then High Keep until at least 36, or however strong enough I need to be for Crystal Caverns. This time I'd just skip Goblins and go straight to camping Guards. I'd be close to Rivervale as well, so Halfling Guards would be an option too.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

If you already have a decently leveled character it's not worth your bother to worry about bonechips. You just want the best exp you can get, Of course you could kill 2 birds with one stone and get bound at kaesora and do FoB/Kurns.

You won't using bind wound too much after you can can reasonably fear kite stuff. It will still come up every once in awhile where you are relatively full on mana and have taken a lot of damage though, and it will be nice to have the skill.

And as a side note: Can any paladin confirm that their skill cap actually goes to 210? I don't think it's supposed to. i think all the hybrids should cap at 200.
Last edited by DMN; 05-29-2020 at 03:38 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with DMN there, bone chips are pretty easy to get overall. Also, as an SK, I tend to use my pet less than an Necro would. Not all situations are good for pets, and early on their DPS is pretty low.

Good catch on sword of skyfire, that is probably better for 1hs skill ups that sporali blade, and probably easier to buy.

I didn't mention ebon mace due to his current plat limitations. Ebon mace is defiantly the best ratio weapon you can get if you are willing to buy it, and it pairs with a shield. However, the ratio isn't that much better than Deathbringer's Rod, and it costs a lot more. Rod is 0.75 ratio, and mace is 0.79. Also, with the two hander improvements for SK in the recent patches, the two hand bonus may be better than the 0.04 ratio increase.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-29-2020 at 03:41 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

I could always do it the traditional way and just play this new Troll SK completely unfunded, bareass naked and having to fight tooth and nail, with rusty weapons and cloth armor, until I pull myself out of the muck.

In some ways I find the game more fun to play in that manner. Though this is already a hard race/class combo to level (mainly because of faction), maybe I shouldn't be making it harder than it needs to be. Most of the gear my ranger has can be used by the SK if I just transfer it. Even one of its Lamentations wouldn't be bad early on (it still uses Dual Lammies at 45).

Either way, none of it would matter until I'm able to safely run myself to EC.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll never know) and can only heal up to 50%, is it still worth training as a Shadowknight, or should I just rely on my regen as a Troll?
Well you got that 7.2k so you buy 663 bandages and 1 hour and 51 minutes later you're strutting around Norrath satisfied that while you might never need it yourself, you are always ready to expertly bandage others who are hurt and need your help.

Be a Bandager! Learn Bind Wound today!
Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 PM
Kobold

combat bind is worth it on any tank. troll regen is nowhere close to enough regen for fighting blues by itself, and those lifetaps are pretty weak for a long time. if you're even a little twinked as a SK, you should be able to hover betwee 40 and 49% health vs blues. you always have fear in case of RNG shenanigans.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you got that 7.2k so you buy 663 bandages and 1 hour and 51 minutes later you're strutting around Norrath satisfied that while you might never need it yourself, you are always ready to expertly bandage others who are hurt and need your help.

Be a Bandager! Learn Bind Wound today!
Heh, yeah, forgot I can heal others with it. But SK also has Dark Pact or whatever it's called, transfer HP to another player, so...
Closed Thread