Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Valor is like 200hps vs 125hps. It lasts about twice as long. The only time I use it if tossing hps on lower level players.

I used my DW Helm exclusively for solo until 59. Even in duos between fights to heal up. It’s extremely good. The BP is even better and rarely blocked but almost half the price of a fungi.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMHO, if the Rogue is drawing aggro off the tank so often that they constantly need to be healing themselves, either the tank is not doing their job, or the Rogue is grossly misplaying their class. If anything, the Rogue should be bandaging others in the group between pulls (I.E the Shaman, maybe a Bard/Wizard that momentarily drew aggro, etc), not themselves.

You guys convinced me though, started training Bind Wound yesterday, it actually didn't take as long to raise as I thought it might. I'll have it at 200 by days end.
You can heal others with bind wound.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Valor is like 200hps vs 125hps. It lasts about twice as long. The only time I use it if tossing hps on lower level players.

I used my DW Helm exclusively for solo until 59. Even in duos between fights to heal up. It’s extremely good. The BP is even better and rarely blocked but almost half the price of a fungi.
As low as 11k for DW Breastplate recently while Fungi is still selling for 55k+. Hard to believe it's so cheap, even for an unpopular class. Makes getting back to full health easy after rez, in the unlikely even that a Paladin dies.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As low as 11k for DW Breastplate recently while Fungi is still selling for 55k+. Hard to believe it's so cheap, even for an unpopular class. Makes getting back to full health easy after rez, in the unlikely even that a Paladin dies.
Yea it’s soo good.

For 6 gold you can also give 307 hps to anyone who doesn’t have a symbol. Which is fairly common on raids for non-tanks or even dispel fights.

Also if you group with a POTG non-torp sham it’s basically endless mana for them between fights. No, it’s not torp but burning jaspers to hold a camp or get people buffed is a nice compromise.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea it’s soo good.

For 6 gold you can also give 307 hps to anyone who doesn’t have a symbol. Which is fairly common on raids for non-tanks or even dispel fights.

Also if you group with a POTG non-torp sham it’s basically endless mana for them between fights. No, it’s not torp but burning jaspers to hold a camp or get people buffed is a nice compromise.
What does a Bind Wound Macro prohibit you from doing if you use it in combat? I'm very active with my rotations on Kick/Slam, short-term buffs like Yaulp, and applying DoT's and Nukes in between (usually waiting until after an enemy makes a Bash attempt).
Old 07-01-2020, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Casting while bind wound will make the bandage attempt fail.

You would have to cast then use the bind wound macro. A PITA with Yelp and frankly until Y4 it’s kind of a waste of mana. A SK is likely better off tapping to 50% then switching to bandages to extend the fight. A paladin can root and step back 5 feet to click their Helm. Or even root joust then root and click back hps. At 51+ the 8.4hp/sec regen is nice but won’t change what you can do unless you are a monk or warrior.

I still believe best hybrid candidate for bind wound is the ranger (That said my 60 has never done it; learned about battle bind too late). That said, a half health ranger doesn’t last long. Maybe bard but I don’t know how the songs/skill work with that class. Standing in one place is usually how a bard dies.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-01-2020 at 03:11 PM..
Old 07-01-2020, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Casting while bind wound will make the bandage attempt fail.

You would have to cast then use the bind wound macro. A PITA with Yelp. A SK is likely better off tapping to 50% then switching to bandages to extend the fight. A paladin can root and step back 5 feet to click their Helm. Or even root joust then root and click back hps.

Again the best hybrid candidate for bind wound is the ranger (That said my 60 has never done it; learned about battle bind too late). Maybe bard but I don’t know how the songs/skill work with that class. Standing in one place is usually how a bard dies.
Using Kick or Bash won't interfere with it though?
Old 07-01-2020, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using Kick or Bash won't interfere with it though?
No
Old 07-02-2020, 09:33 AM
Banned

WheRe MuH NeCro 100+ bind wound'ers @
Old 07-02-2020, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Embalmers_Skinning_Knife so you can summon bandages whenever you want. This also allows you to practice piercing, if you don't have another piercing weapon.=
Imagine fighting someone who while attacking you is skinning you alive slicing off strips of your skin with every slash while simultaneously making bandages out of your own skin they are nicking from you piece by piece, slice by slice, right in front of your face at the same time.

Its honestly one of the most low key brutal and humiliating weapons in the game.
Closed Thread