Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 03:31 AM
Kobold

Exclamation Invigorate BP Healing 63?!

Spent about a month's time in game farming $ to finally get a Grand Master's Chest Wraps with Invigorate click. Monk is level 57. I clicked it quite a few times and realized it only healed 63, consistently. This is the biggest letdown for me in EQ history.

How can wiki be so unbelievably incorrect?!?! I don't remember it being so weak on live!
Old 06-10-2020, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivonus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spent about a month's time in game farming $ to finally get a Grand Master's Chest Wraps with Invigorate click. Monk is level 57. I clicked it quite a few times and realized it only healed 63, consistently. This is the biggest letdown for me in EQ history.

How can wiki be so unbelievably incorrect?!?! I don't remember it being so weak on live!
That's still more than a bandage at 210, and faster to boot. And can heal beyond 70%.

Are you sure it's that weak though? The HP/MP numbers between ticks aren't always accurate on your character sheet. I always see it tick and then reroll by a few units.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:00 AM
Kobold

I am quite sure. The following are my HP ticks while clicking the BP (lvl 57 iksar ticks for 10 while standing).

1642, 1652, 1662, 1725 (63 heal), 1735, 1745, 1755, 1765, 1838 (63 heal+10 hp tick), 1848

I have a fried who has a White Lotus version that healed him for 90 when he was just testing. Is it that White Lotus has a different version? Is the Grandmaster's version bugged? Or, is 57 healing only 63 and 60 heals for 90? lol!?!!?
Old 06-10-2020, 04:09 AM
Kobold

Okay, I think I figured out what's going on. There's a 10% penalty (for whatever reason) from the raw healing data posted on the website regarding invigorate (the upper amount listed is woefully incorrect). The amount is 71 (L1) to 100 (L30). This amount *.9 (10% penalty) is 63.9 (L1) to 90 (L30). However, the Grand Master's Chest Wraps are healing for 63 (L1 amount rounded down). So, there you have it. A bug, plain and simple.

I'll go post on the bug forums.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

Non clerics can only use heals at 90% efficiency. That is not a bug.

To speed up healing, click the item, start bandaging (use the abilities or combat tabs, your hotkeybank nor /doa commands won’t work), switch to the general tab and hit stand. Wait for the spell and bandage to complete then repeat the cycle.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Non clerics can only use heals at 90% efficiency. That is not a bug.

To speed up healing, click the item, start bandaging (use the abilities or combat tabs, your hotkeybank nor /doa commands won’t work), switch to the general tab and hit stand. Wait for the spell and bandage to complete then repeat the cycle.
Jimjam, that is very good advice, and I am doing that! Thank you. I was simply here pointing out the thje item is simply bugged. It's quite possible that it's just a rarely used item as most people who would shell out 15k plat for 3 flawless diamonds would stretch for the white-lotus version (which apparently is not bugged). I do understand that. This post was an effort to uncover (and it did) that there is a bug in the coding for this item; it should heal for 90 if the wearer is level 30 or above, and it heals for 63 regardless of level (as if wearer was level 1). It's just a bug; plain and simple. That's all my point was.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. Hopefully this clarification will expediate the resolution of the issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 06-10-2020, 06:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Non clerics can only use heals at 90% efficiency.
This is a timeline thing. What's shown on the wiki is generated from zam, which shows 100% heal value, not 90%. So, saying the wiki is incorrect is,.. incorrect. The spell can heal for that much people just have to be aware of the formula for non-clerics.

I don't think changing the wiki to show the heals at 90% is a good idea. Then people will then think it's 90% of that value. It will create confusion.
That said if someone wanted to add information such a * or () to show what 90% of the value is, that would make it less confusing.

such as Increase Hitpoints by 71 (*63)(L1) to 100 (*90)(L30)
Maybe someone can think of a better way to show it, heh.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-10-2020 at 06:16 AM..
Old 06-10-2020, 07:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a timeline thing. What's shown on the wiki is generated from zam, which shows 100% heal value, not 90%. So, saying the wiki is incorrect is,.. incorrect. The spell can heal for that much people just have to be aware of the formula for non-clerics.

I don't think changing the wiki to show the heals at 90% is a good idea. Then people will then think it's 90% of that value. It will create confusion.
That said if someone wanted to add information such a * or () to show what 90% of the value is, that would make it less confusing.

such as Increase Hitpoints by 71 (*63)(L1) to 100 (*90)(L30)
Maybe someone can think of a better way to show it, heh.
Baler, I wasn't aware of that 90% mechanic, and thankfully, that helped me resolve and understand the bug with the item. However, what I was stating was correct (and is still incorrect) on the wiki is.... "Fills your body with life, healing between 82 and 115 damage. " This phrase is right next to the blue-glowing hand at the top of the wiki. The "details" section is correct. Wiki, however, is incorrect at the top. Don't know if I could change myself, but it needs to be corrected. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And, I do want to clarify, that this thread is mainly about the bug with the item Grand Master's Chest Wraps whereby it does not account for level for the clicky Invigorate. Pretends wearer is always level 1 regardless of level and never increases the heal past 63. Bug specific to this item.
Last edited by Trivonus; 06-10-2020 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: Focus*
Old 06-10-2020, 07:51 AM
Kobold

Classic EQ designer explaining the 90% non-cleric heal rate to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc
Closed Thread