Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default What are the most cost-effective coin purses on the market?

Looking for a coin purse to reduce coin weight, doesn't have to be very good, but whatever I can get that is reasonable and doesn't cost a bloody fortune, and can maybe hold a bit of equipment like food/drink, or small loot like gems.

What are my options?
Old 06-13-2020, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/index.ph...rch=coin+purse (or http://wiki.project1999.com/Weight-reducing_Bags to see them together in a table)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think studded coin purse counts as a container or reduces coin weight.

it says the small coin purse sells for 4,000pp on average, is that accurate? How much would a medium go for in that case?

Tiny would probably be enough, just to hold food/drink and cut down on gold/silver weight.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Good luck finding someone selling a small coin purse. Searching the forums shows only 3 people have ever listed them here. I am sure more have been sold in game but it is going to be hard to find.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck finding someone selling a small coin purse. Searching the forums shows only 3 people have ever listed them here. I am sure more have been sold in game but it is going to be hard to find.
What are my options then for a coin purse that's actively on the market and doesn't cost a gold bar from fort knox?
Old 06-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are my options then for a coin purse that's actively on the market and doesn't cost a gold bar from fort knox?
Don't carry coin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Also see "vendor banking" (ie. carry a gem of significant value, find a vendor with free space in their inventory, then sell and rebuy your gem over and over; you lose a small amount on each sale, but you convert your lesser coin into plat without a bank).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:17 PM
Kobold

You can definitely find tiny coin purses for sale occasionally. And they are really cheap I think... 300p? I know I had one on my monk that I bought in ec.

Out of curiosity I decided to search "small coin purse" on my EC mule's massive log file. Zero hits with years of data.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can definitely find tiny coin purses for sale occasionally. And they are really cheap I think... 300p? I know I had one on my monk that I bought in ec.
Tiny would be sufficient. I could store my food/drink in it even.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

I'm also going to need some Shralok packs for both my Pally and future Ranger. How bad/time consuming is it farming those in Highpass on Blue?
Old 06-13-2020, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm also going to need some Shralok packs for both my Pally and future Ranger. How bad/time consuming is it farming those in Highpass on Blue?
I farmed them in Nektulos on Green, and in a few hours I had enough to fill all my bag slots (5 or 6, I forget). YMMV.

Closed Thread