Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I farmed them in Nektulos on Green, and in a few hours I had enough to fill all my bag slots (5 or 6, I forget). YMMV.
Nektulos? According to the wiki, the mob that drops them is only in High Pass and Kithicor.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nektulos? According to the wiki, the mob that drops them is only in High Pass and Kithicor.
Gah, I meant Kithicor, sorry (Nek and Kith are both forests I don't go to often and somehow they merged in my head).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

I have a Tiny Coin Purse on one of my caster characters. I stopped using it. It isn't worth the loss of 6-8 bag slots, IMO. It only saves a few stone on coin, if you have a LOT of coin. The problem is by the time you see any decent weight reduction on coin with the Tiny Coin Purse, you are already well overweight from the coin. The reduction at that point is not enough to increase your run speed.

Here is some math: If you have 100 stone in coin, you are only saving 10 stone. A cloth caster will probably have around 80 strength, and carry 40 stone in items and bags at least. This is before they loot anything from the mobs they are killing. This means you are at 140/80 stone without the tiny coin purse. Saving 10 stone at that point will mean very little in terms of speed/AGI increase. As you get even more coin, the problem becomes worse for people with lower STR.

Medium coin purses are probably the best bet for most people. I doubt they ever sell, but when you get higher level, you can probably farm them. Some of the Skyshrine mobs that can drop it are not super tough. 40% weight reduction, 4 slots, and medium capacity is pretty good. In the caster scenario above, you would be at 100/80 stone, which is much more reasonable. Even at 200 stone of coin you would be saving 80 stone, which is good for a tank class. My 56 SK runs around with 115 stone, and has 213 strength. This is before coin and looted items. With 200 stone of coin, I would be at 315/213 stone without the medium coin purse. With the medium coin purse, that would take me down to 235/213 stone, which is only a very small reduction in AGI, and probably no reduction in move speed at that strength.

Obviously large coin purse is awesome, but that never sells, and requires you to be in a raid guild that kills Yelinak. If it does sell, it would be for 100k at least I am sure. Probably hundreds of thousands of pp.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Has anyone ever seen a medium coin purse drop or for sale?

Also I think your math is off, Tiny Coin Purse is 20% WR for coin, not 10%
Old 06-16-2020, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone ever seen a medium coin purse drop or for sale?

Also I think your math is off, Tiny Coin Purse is 20% WR for coin, not 10%
Ah. You are correct, it is 20% reduction. My bad. I believe my previous point still stands, however. 20 stone reduction per 100 stone of coin is not a great reduction for anyone. On a cloth caster, 120/80 is still 50% over your total STR, which is still a massive reduction in Speed/AGI. I stopped using the coin purse on my cloth caster for this very reason. You simply need too much coin to get decent weight reduction, and by the time you get that much coin, you are already sorely overweight. Having 6-8 additional bag slots is more useful, especially with the gems being a great form of alternate currency.

40% and higher is where things seem to start getting good, from a math perspective. I have never had a medium coin purse, however, or seen one. I would assume they drop, if no one has corrected the Wiki by now, but who knows. Wiki corrections are definitely not a common occurrence sadly.

It would make sense that they do not get sold, or seen often. Killing mobs in Skyshrine isn't a very common endeavor, due to most people going for Thurgadin/Claws of Veeshan faction. People who do tend to kill in Skyshrine usually want the mythical https://wiki.project1999.com/Guardian_Robe for ultimate fashion.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

I was also going to use the coin purse to hold my Rations and Water Flasks. Or better if I start buying better food eventually.

My Ranger ideally is going to have the Tiny Coin Purse, a Fleeting Quiver (IF the Bow Haste on that quiver stacks with Worn Haste like Sash of the Dragonborn), and four Shralok Packs. The remaining two slots will be taken up by a Fire Beetle Eye and Tolan's Darkwood Bracer.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was also going to use the coin purse to hold my Rations and Water Flasks. Or better if I start buying better food eventually.

My Ranger ideally is going to have the Tiny Coin Purse, a Fleeting Quiver (IF the Bow Haste on that quiver stacks with Worn Haste like Sash of the Dragonborn), and four Shralok Packs. The remaining two slots will be taken up by a Fire Beetle Eye and Tolan's Darkwood Bracer.
I am not saying a tiny coin purse is worthless. But from my experience, Inventory space is more important than 20% coin reduction. If you have a Tiny Coin Purse and a Fleeting Quiver, you have already lost 12 out of the possible 80 inventory slots you can have (8 bags, 10 slots at best). That is a large chunk of slots lost. Most of the time, you can just destroy copper/silver to gain most of your weight back, with a very low cost.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Destroying 1000 silver and 1000 copper is 11pp. Carrying 6-8 more items is a lot more money in most cases.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Destroying 1000 silver and 1000 copper is 11pp. Carrying 6-8 more items is a lot more money in most cases.
I literally just delete all copper and silver the moment I get encumbered on any character. Sometimes (depending on the camp, and how badly I do or don't to leave it) I'll even delete gold! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

If you guys are looting so much crap that you actually need all 80 slots...because I don't think that happens in Planar raids. Or Kael or Skyshrine.

But what do I know. I have yet to raid.
Closed Thread