Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 02:32 AM
Fire Giant

Default Been A While + Offpeak Activity?

Hi all!
It's been a while, and in my usual yearly fashion, that P99 itch has returned. The world is a bit more crazy, people are staying in doors, working from home is now the norm, so really, playing EQ seems like the most sane and sensible thing to do.

I dabbled in Green when it went live but those were some hectic times, both in game and real life. It seems the population has stabilized though Blue seems notably quieter than it was a year ago (at the time of writing, Blue has just shy of 400, roughly 50 of which are in EC, while Green is almost at 650). From everything I've read, Blue seems chill so I'm thinking of heading back there.

What's the activity like at offpeak (noting that I'm still playing during usual Aussie times)? And are there any guilds active during this time? I'll likely roll a new toon to main, whilst bouncing back and forth on all my others.

Or... is the population not the best during those hours and maybe worth trying Green again?

It's bizarre to think that in this day and age, P99 still holds so much allure (to me at least). I keep an eye on Pantheon but that still seems like some time away, and who knows if it will be what I want or expect it to be.

Anyway, thanks for your time reading this and any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Its all about the EQ experience that you want.

the population on blue is always, uncannily, ~75% of the green population, and again uncannily, ~10% of those pops are always in EC.

So that gives you an expectation about whats going on. On blue you will have all that stuff you gained over the years. I play on green and still think about my fungis, CoFs, Hiero cloaks etc.

Green offers more of a challenge, with many quality of life features gone, the limitations of classic gear, requires alot more grouping. Its just a total reset of the game for the player. The numbers dont lie, alot of people are having a blast on green.

The loyal bluebies are still there. It looks to me like green took about half of the blue population, and brought in alot of older and even n00b players, to account for green numbers.

So what'cha, what'cha, what'cha want? (what'cha want?)
Old 06-17-2020, 05:53 PM
Kobold

So while you’re on green and thinking about them, you won’t have a problem with me borrowing just 1 of your Cof and/or fungi? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Jokes aside, I’ve played both and for someone that doesn’t have a ton of stuff. It’s nice to just relive the nostalgia with an easier way to level with plenty of solo spots but at the same Time easy enough to find a few friends to go duo or trio some more challenging stuff without worrying about it being camped.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:00 PM
Sarnak

Blue is perfect during US afternoon to evening hours, but if I played in off-peak I think I'd find it pretty deserted. 400 spread across vanilla/kunark/velious is quite small.

Would help with the overpopulated hot spots like The Hole, though.
Last edited by renegadeofunk; 06-17-2020 at 08:04 PM..
Old 06-17-2020, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

From what i've heard. Blue feels a bit barren in the early levels 1-20 (depending on area) Then 30-60 there are lots of people to group with. Especially twinked players.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. What do I want... social co-op play, being able to get some meaningful play time in without waiting too long for camps, friendliness. Blue may tick all the boxes minus population at off peak. The QoL benefits are a plus too.

Are there active guilds on Blue doing the usual stuff like raids etc?

P99 - Blue
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Old 06-18-2020, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Lots of guilds
Old 06-18-2020, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

With the working from home situation seemingly becoming more and more permanent, I'll need to organize some desk space for EQ. My old PC doesn't seem to be doing well but I could use a recently purchased Surface laptop for EQ, should be good enough...

Guess I'll roll a new character and familiarize myself with the ropes before jumping in a new. Any recommendations of what's in demand these days?

P99 - Blue
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Old 06-18-2020, 10:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am brand new to the server but reasonably experienced EQ player who plays late night US which should line up with your time frame. I have a warrior that I want to level up and well we know how that goes solo so if you need someone who will be on so you can get something done send my enchanter(Mardoll) or Warrior(Guttin) a tell.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:23 PM
Aviak

Stop asking questions and log your toon and PST to Gonobn.
Closed Thread