Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Enable PvP, Enable pro-train policy.

Problem solved.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

On raid mobs I think they should have a whoever does the most DPS gets the loot, regardless of stupid "who engaged first" bullshit.

Remove the right to petition over these matters, GMs ban people who don't follow that rule.

Would solve a lot of bullshit in my opinion. That is more 'fun' competition than anything else.

Guilds locking down a camp is lame from the outside and awesome when its your guild doing it (until you've done several shifts then it gets lame)

Basically, that camp will be there for another 6months, come back another time is the best I can tell you. I've been after a few different camps for awhile and the same people are always camping them, meh :/.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On raid mobs I think they should have a whoever does the most DPS gets the loot, regardless of stupid "who engaged first" bullshit.
Funny, I was just today thinking the exact opposite thing. Since the rule is, in fact, first to engage, then they should simply remove the ">50% damage gets the kill" code and make it "whoever is first on the agro list" gets the exp+loot right, no matter who actually kills it.

Not so much incentive to steal other people's pulls anymore (TT hunter/forager nonsense) and FTE rule for raid mobs is automatically enforced, no need for GM intervention.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrushev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I get to the camp, and there is a queue, im taking the camp when its my turn... a person cant come after me and claim the camp no matter who's friend they are..
Even though I agree with you, that's not how it works. Or more precisely, "when it's your turn" I suppose is what's being debated here. It's not your turn till whoever has said camp is finished and passes it to you. If they want to keep it they can unless they leave die or zone. Ran into that at ancient cyclops in OOT, we were supposed to be "next in queue" and were actually present in OOT waiting, guy got the spawn, looted his ring and stayed there. When we asked why he wasn't moving he said cuz his friend was taking over. His friend didn't get there for another hour, so I petitioned not knowing the rules. Always assumed you looted what you came for and moved on. Not so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a big load of bullshit and it's a stupid statement and calling waiting competition like another poster above you did is just as stupid. It doesn't take skill to wait and it's not fun either. Join a guild? Really? Really dude? My wife and I held the ancient croc for 47 hours a few months back , not to be dicks but to get 2 lousy sets of gatorscale leggings. Point being that we're only 2 people. People waiting in line for the camp were not less skilled and didn't enjoy the competition. It's pointless, like your post was.
cry more. i never said skill, i said dedication. L2Read
Old 04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Down with competition!
Old 04-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravhin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny, I was just today thinking the exact opposite thing. Since the rule is, in fact, first to engage, then they should simply remove the ">50% damage gets the kill" code and make it "whoever is first on the agro list" gets the exp+loot right, no matter who actually kills it.
Doesn't work with raid mobs though. You can have 2 forces forming for a mob. One has like 10 people, but is still forming, the other has almost a full raid force. Raid 2 didn't think that raid 1 would pull it and then kite it until enough people got there. Granted, it can't be done with all mobs, but it can be done with some raid targets.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

I agree that the current situation is untenable. What these guilds are dong is greedy and mean-spirited, made more so because one of the items that is locked down is not going to be available forever. It's a bad, selfish attitude being shown here. It almost smacks of PVP type behavior within PVE constraints. Some of the justification given by those that support it sounds just like that.

The first thing that should be done is that the reputations of these guilds should be considered tarnished. The last thing that should be done is enacting any rules that require more work or attention on the part of the GMs. Somewhere in between these two extremes lies the best answer. The suggestion of the OP is not bad, but it may end up more work and more headache for GMs.

I think GMS and those that are currently "locked out" are just mostly hoping that the guilds will get tired of this and it will become a non-problem. If they do not cease this well before the COS will be nerfed, then I anticipate confrontations that GMS will get dragged into anyway - then nobody is gonna be happy.

Something does need to change, and it needs to change pretty soon. This is not "classic behavior" in our beloved classic game. What's more it runs contrary to the spirit of cooperative MMORPGs that EQ is supposed to embody.
Last edited by mwatt; 04-14-2011 at 05:27 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Remove the right to petition over these matters, GMs ban people who don't follow that rule.

Would solve a lot of bullshit in my opinion. That is more 'fun' competition than anything else.

Guilds locking down a camp is lame from the outside and awesome when its your guild doing it (until you've done several shifts then it gets lame)

Basically, that camp will be there for another 6months, come back another time is the best I can tell you. I've been after a few different camps for awhile and the same people are always camping them, meh :/.
this is so not gonna work =)

Lets take any complex encounter with adds (yeah beyond the classic tank and spank).
So guild A starts the raid, and starts doing it in accordance with a proper strategy, of moving the raid target here, moving adds there etc.
The guild B shows up, while guild A is busy taking care of adds, they storm in, burn down the boss, loot, and gate out, while guild A is STILL working on the adds =)

Official rules on LIVE were btw, that if anyone shows up at your camp you were OBLIGATED to SHARE. Otherwise, Gm would appear and make you share, or kick you out. =)
Of course we don't have nowhere near paid GMs here to enforce this policy
Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

That's why everquest just doesn't fit into a normal productive persons schedule. Unless you're a haggling trader, you have to invest a lot of time and find the right guild who farms the right spots and sacrifice RL responsibilities at time to attain the shit you want.

That's the general gist of things. Either deal with it or find a casual friendly game like Rift where you can log in at your leisure.

Words of wisdom from your friend, Jaydee.