Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMauzer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting idea but I have no idea how you'd enforce it.
Turn on PvP
Old 04-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must confess, the logic of your statement escapes me. You seem to be saying that if something is difficult to do, it justifies the result? That makes no sense to me.
No, i'm saying that if someone put in the effort to coordinate something, then they deserve the rewards. I had been awake 26 hours when i got my jade prod and i wasn't even close to the worst situation on that camp. Lots of people sacrificed lots of other great opportunities to watch over the camp to ensure it was secured as a guild because having it benefitted us directly as an entity. I'm quite sure the same applies to lots of other folks at other camps they prioritized.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocasia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eventually, either the guilds will grow tired of the same camps, or there will be so many of the items in circulation that the price will fall. Then you'll be able to get the item/s. There's nothing unfair here. If anything, it's great that the camps are farmed so that there will be more of these on the server than there were on live, actually making them easier to acquire.
But for the people who can and want to camp the items themselves would rather do it that way. It appears they simply cannot.

All in all though, you are right to an extent. I think one of the devs talked about the circlet of shadows and said something interesting like there will be more of these on the server than ever will be shadowknights to use them.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

You make a good point, but this is really changing a rule for you.

The guild's members have just as much right to camps as you. They have more friends, so they have an easier time of locking down.

Just go outside and get some sun and tell yourself that they may win at EQ poopsocking but you win at life.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make a good point, but this is really changing a rule for you.

The guild's members have just as much right to camps as you. They have more friends, so they have an easier time of locking down.

Just go outside and get some sun and tell yourself that they may win at EQ poopsocking but you win at life.
Heres the lapse in the logic.

They have the same right to the camp as you. So their asses can be sitting there at the goddamn camp, in line behind their friends.

Not off doing whatever the hell they want in game or out of game until they get the call to come and take over.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cry more. i never said skill, i said dedication. L2Read
Is your cunt bleeding Vendar? I was stating how the shit works , if you don't like it find another server turdtickler. Dedication? Sitting at a camp nonstop to get some pixels on a 10 year old game isn't dedication numbnuts, it's a fucking waste of time, just like you are you stupid faghag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Aviak

Not sure what the big deal with one little camp, you have guild blocking the server from a whole zone here. Now that needs to change. I suggest upping the mob so you need a balance group to kill it. Not 2-3 people, a whole group. Or multiple mobs surrounding the specific key mob so they need to constantly kill something.
Last edited by Ronas; 04-15-2011 at 03:03 AM..
Old 04-15-2011, 03:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronas
Not sure what the big deal with one little camp, you have guild blocking the server from a whole zone here. Now that needs to change. I suggest upping the mob so you need a balance group to kill it. Not 2-3 people, a whole group. Or multiple mobs surrounding the specific key mob so they need to constantly kill something.
What's being blocked? HS?

Once everyone is keyed they'll stop.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

GMs (if they have the time) should just check in on popular camps. If a guild has had control of one specific camp for 48 hours straight or longer (which is seriously pathetic) they should boot them out which would give others a chance at it.

I guess people could go anon, or just leave their guild while they switch who has the camp, etc. Ways around it but how else would you do it.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heres the lapse in the logic.

They have the same right to the camp as you. So their asses can be sitting there at the goddamn camp, in line behind their friends.

Not off doing whatever the hell they want in game or out of game until they get the call to come and take over.
So what, if we're holding down a camp with a nice balanced group, you get to run up on whatever class and demand the next spot, regardless of what we want in the group?

Or is it only if your class would be nice and compatible? Who determines that?
Or is it only if the the camp is too easy for the group? Who determines that?
Or is it only if [insert arbitrary stipulation]? Who determines that?
etc.
Closed Thread