Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation Guard Ledshin should NOT see invis

I played a Necro since beta and I never once had a guard in W.FP break invis on me at the gates. That is why I was surprised to see Guard Ledshin of all people see invisibility. He simply does not, nor do any guards that patrol the WFP Gate house. The only guy that should see invis is Fikus who is inside the militia house. If you stay away from the militia house you should not have a problem traveling through WFP invisible.

Evidence:

Everlore page for Guard Ledshin -- No mention of See Invisibility. He is so unimportant someone posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "some comment from 2001"
why start a board about a dumb guard? lol
If he saw invis and could kill lots of people at the gate, don't you think there would be lots of people talking about him?

Bestiary Page for WFP on Allakhazam -- A comment about guards states that "Only one guard sees invis in WFP." That would be Guard Fikus, not Ledshin.

You'll notice that Guard Fikus's page on Allakhazam says he sees invisibility. It's stated as part of his description here. A guy says this about Fikus seeing invisibility:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "some guy in 2001"
But if you enter and leave thru east free you can get in and out invs .... just stay away from Militia House =)
Why would he say this if Ledshin saw invisibility and patrolled half of WFP? That's because Ledshin never saw invisibility. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let's look at Guard Ledshin's Allakhazam page:

You'll see the two comments that caused Ledshin to become see invis. But somehow in the entire history of West Freeport Guard Ledshin was never updated to see invisibility. Isn't that something? Fikus is labeled as See Invis by Alla (as late as 2002), but never Ledshin. In fact two other people comment after the original posters and never mention him seeing invisibility. That means it's likely those earlier posters were entirely mistaken.

EQAtlas Dark Race Travel Guide -- They do not mention a guard seeing invis at the West Freeport gatehouse, and provide this tasty quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "EQ Atlas in 2000"
Note that many of these problems can be circumvented by invisibility spells
EQ Atlas wouldn't say that if Ledshin was patrolling the gatehouse and aggro'ing on every invis'ed darkie running for the boat.

It's quite obvious Ledshin never saw Invisibility. No one except 2 old posts on Allakhazams, that Allakhazam's own website never verified, states that he did. Nothing on Everlore, nothing on EQatlas, and people on Allakhazam's page for WFP mobs don't even mention Ledshin.

Guard Ledshin doesn't see invisibility.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Fire Giant

Yea, that was quite a surprise to me too, when was this added?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, that was quite a surprise to me too, when was this added?
Last patch, I believe. I was pretty surprised to have a guard wail on me at the gates and trigger every other guard to instagib my poor Iksar.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

If a player charms and casts a buff/gives an item that grants see invis, would it work on a mob?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

I know that some buffs like Haste stay on charmed mobs after charm breaks. Not sure about See Invis. I presume it would, but would wear off after the duration wore out.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Ledshin still seeing invis. Still not classic.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Rofl, he aggroed me yesterday. I was so goddamn confused.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rofl, he aggroed me yesterday. I was so goddamn confused.
Yeah that was my response as well.
Last edited by Potus; 03-10-2014 at 12:08 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

This still needs addressed.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

the priest that guy that heals lord of militia can sometime cast see invis on the guards that patrol near him. happend on eq mac

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."