Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

Default Request for a different policy on (game-changing) specific item camps

I'll try to be brief and give a good example: Droga, Locket camp and Circlet of Shadow camp.

Situation: A guild keeps the camp locked down. People in zone can not get in queue even though they could even solo the camp. Instead, the guild group calls in reinforcements and works shifts on the camp.

Suggested resolution: Make it server-policy that (game changing) item camps have to establish a queue system. If someone is in zone that wants in line, the group/person camping the item can not pass the camp on to anyone else first, guild or not guild.

Reason: People without a guild, or guilds not big (or crazy) enough to keep a camp locked will not get a chance on the camp until whoever has it locked grows tired of it. At the same time, people in that guild do not have to invest any single minute in the zone without actually being in the camp.

I find that highly unfair, disrupting the game atmosphere and worthy of implementing a different policy. Such camp behaviour did not occur on classic (not to this extent for sure) because people did not know all drops so well in advance.

So, to our admins/GMs, please take a moment to think about it.

Best Regards,

Slozem
Old 04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Kobold

Competition makes this game fun imo.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

It's not a competition with the current ruleset. Person A can claim a camp, Person B shows up and wants to take the camp when Person A is done. However, Person A gets tired and instead of handing the camp to Person B he calls in his friend, Person C, who then takes the camp. Person C was able to do whatever the hell they wanted up until taking over the camp, while Person B just gets shit on.

I seriously think the rules in general should be setup so that hand offs of camps should go to whoever was in line the longest afterwards.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Kobold

Interesting idea but I have no idea how you'd enforce it.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Kobold

stop crying and join a guild, or wait til they leave/wipe/fall sleep

it takes mucho dedication to lock down a camp 24/7 . sorry that you can just have everything you want exactly when u want it. go cry somewhere else.

part of the reason you join a guild is to get access to mobs/items that you wouldnt be able to access on your own. play better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and also, i doubt anyone is just showing up getting the item and leaving. that would only piss off everyone else thats been putting in time to lock down the camp. your just mad i think
Last edited by Vendar; 04-14-2011 at 04:01 PM..
Old 04-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it takes mucho dedication to lock down a camp 24/7 . sorry that you can just have everything you want exactly when u want it. go cry somewhere else.

part of the reason you join a guild is to get access to mobs/items that you wouldnt be able to access on your own. play better [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and also, i doubt anyone is just showing up getting the item and leaving. that would only piss off everyone else thats been putting in time to lock down the camp. your just mad i think
Joining a guild wouldn't help this situation.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Marc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Joining a guild wouldn't help this situation.
join one of the guilds poopsocking the camp.

better?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's a big load of bullshit and it's a stupid statement and calling waiting competition like another poster above you did is just as stupid. It doesn't take skill to wait and it's not fun either. Join a guild? Really? Really dude? My wife and I held the ancient croc for 47 hours a few months back , not to be dicks but to get 2 lousy sets of gatorscale leggings. Point being that we're only 2 people. People waiting in line for the camp were not less skilled and didn't enjoy the competition. It's pointless, like your post was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Server runs much smoother without prima donnas prancing around being bitches like this is Walmart's Customer Service Department.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

If I get to the camp, and there is a queue, im taking the camp when its my turn... a person cant come after me and claim the camp no matter who's friend they are..
Old 04-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

The fix is in the game itself, named mob which has itemx should spawn in other locations so there isn't really a way to lock him down unless you lock down the entire zone. I always thought Naggy or Vox should spawn in other zones.
Closed Thread