Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6 and a half hours.

Totally raging.

There better be a post on the main page or something about what caused all this shit to happen once it's fixed.
Wow - I am kind of boggled if this is not a sarcastic post. Guy is playing for free due to the efforts of some dedicated hobbyists (ie. Not paid) and is demanding an explanation about what happened to the server that he has put ZERO effort into keeping up? Dude needs to get some perspective.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server up no repop though.
Good thing i stayed awake all night eh?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow - I am kind of boggled if this is not a sarcastic post. Guy is playing for free due to the efforts of some dedicated hobbyists (ie. Not paid) and is demanding an explanation about what happened to the server that he has put ZERO effort into keeping up? Dude needs to get some perspective.
You should understand that, while some of these people play for free and do just that, a lot of folks have donated HUNDREDS of dollars to the upkeep of the servers, while others have volunteered man-hours to crowdsource problems that the original team just doesn't have time to hit effectively.

Think you're the one who needs to check perspective; volunteers/hobbyists or not, you host a community like this, you have a certain amount of accountability and responsibility to them.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrux Bcrux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good thing i stayed awake all night eh?
You can watch me kill seafuries I guess
Old 08-22-2013, 08:30 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estolcles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
6 and a half hours.

Totally raging.

There better be a post on the main page or something about what caused all this shit to happen once it's fixed.
LOL
Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 AM
Sarnak

Is there a way to get a rez due to server crash?
Old 08-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should understand that, while some of these people play for free and do just that, a lot of folks have donated HUNDREDS of dollars to the upkeep of the servers, while others have volunteered man-hours to crowdsource problems that the original team just doesn't have time to hit effectively.

Think you're the one who needs to check perspective; volunteers/hobbyists or not, you host a community like this, you have a certain amount of accountability and responsibility to them.
I think you misunderstand what a donation is...
Old 08-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This made me LoL Irl, Rlly? They owe you an explantion? Kick rocks... Haha they don't owe you anything, and just because you DONATE doesn't entitle you with the right to hold them accountable.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This made me LoL Irl, Rlly? They owe you an explantion? Kick rocks... Haha they don't owe you anything, and just because you DONATE doesn't entitle you with the right to hold them accountable.
Hmm. Let's walk through the progression here.

You run an entirely volunteer effort out of your own pocket. Hurts the pocket to do it on your own. As a result, donations are taken to help take the load off by those of a like mind.

You then turn around and tell those people to eat a bag of dicks. Donations, understandably, stop.

In a position where you're offering up a service, it behooves you to offer an explanation, however brief, as to the nature of problems that affect people that essentially stop your wallet from bleeding if you want this project to go on.
Last edited by Nightblade; 08-22-2013 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Moar coffee, less rage.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
In a position where you're offering up a service, it behooves you to offer an explanation, however brief, as to the nature of problems that affect people that essentially stop your wallet from bleeding if you want this project to go on.
Based on the time this occurred, I'm assuming most of the devs and GMs were sleeping. I'm sure there will be some sort of explanation in the future.
Closed Thread