Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Default Bard Kiting - running uphill

I was trying to kite in LOIO but had problems with sporadic times when the mobs would hit me (when the mobs were far away). I don't think it was lag - they were consistently at the proper distance. Would the reason that I got hit because I may have been running up a slight incline and thus decrease the (x,y) range?
Old 07-27-2016, 04:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Smile

i've ran on inclines and been fine without being hit, but i generally use lv18 ae for added distance and to compensate for slight latency with people zoning in/out, or other lag factors.

ideally, i do try to be on a flat plane without runspeed and constantly strafing with slight mouse turns. however, mob size, mob runspeed, and ae range (lv2 vs lv18 pbaoe) should all be considered... best advice, try snaring mobs that may be sow'd (sarnaks), avoid cats or other faster moving mobs (rhino's) and look at your pack to see if any are running ahead before committing to the kill...

it only takes one bash... and the inclines i've ran on i guess aren't like mountains or basically things that you'd take fall dmg from without safefall. just sometimes you gotta hit a hill or cut your circle tighter not to fall off a cliff (OT) or run into another mob
Old 07-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Sarnak

I hope every mob is a druid with root and a 50 foot arm to bash! Down with swarm kiting!
Old 07-27-2016, 10:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

join red and you could be the druid mob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2016, 04:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope every mob is a druid with root and a 50 foot arm to bash! Down with swarm kiting!
Sounds like someone's peanut butter and jealous
Old 07-28-2016, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

A bit yea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread