Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-01-2021, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Youtube had been recommending me this channel for months, finally checked it out and these videos are fantastic.

They are breakdowns of WW2 naval battles focusing on the Pacific war. It details decisionmaking minute-by-minute and takes fog of war into account while showing the perspective from both sides individually.

The Midway battle breakdown in particular was excellent.

There are only a handful of vids, but 100% worth a watch. I'm not even really into military stuff, but this was really interesting.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youtube had been recommending me this channel for months, finally checked it out and these videos are fantastic.

They are breakdowns of WW2 naval battles focusing on the Pacific war. It details decisionmaking minute-by-minute and takes fog of war into account while showing the perspective from both sides individually.

The Midway battle breakdown in particular was excellent.

There are only a handful of vids, but 100% worth a watch. I'm not even really into military stuff, but this was really interesting.
Shit, dude. I linked montemayor here and checked frequently for part 2 and 3 of midway.

Great channel but they might be pandering to us elfs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2021, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shit, dude. I linked montemayor here and checked frequently for part 2 and 3 of midway.

Great channel but they might be pandering to us elfs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ohh, did you? I must have missed that. I really hope he puts out more. Im sure each one takes a ton of research time due to the detail though.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Old 11-05-2021, 12:31 PM
Banned

^
This popped into my recommended feed last night! Funny stuff
Old 11-05-2021, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Hickok45 is a really good youtube channel that guy is a champ. Shoots guns and every single one he says "Wow that thing is awesome!" and he always hits targets. Shows you how scrubby internet losers complain about guns and find them unshootable because they suck not because there is anything wrong with the guns.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

Red Poppy Ranch for all things homesteading. Dream life!
Old 11-06-2021, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant believe they have a whole channel devoted to this lol

Old 11-07-2021, 11:05 AM
Banned

Was at my dad’s house for the fights and he invited friends of his this married couple who didn’t follow UFC/MMA. Right off the bat they said they couldn’t stay for the full thing and I told them no worries, this first fight will be the best, because I know Gaethje and Chandler

Sure enough it was fight off the night, people are saying might be UFC’s Fight of the Year. Dad’s friends were super into it, yelling the whole time

Gaethje is my boy, representing AZ. He has granite in his hands and Chandler was taunting him like “Come on, I can take your best shit, you can’t put me away”. But it’s like yeah but have you seen your face man? It’s roast beef. I feel bad for Chandler getting hurt, he’s a super nice guy IRL

Before it gets ripped off youtube here’s the highlights:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=