Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Default Group Exp Bonus

Any chance of bumping the group exp bonus a little or a lot? I mean I'm still going to solo at times, but I solo even when I don't need to cause the exp is better.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Seems like everyone has a set group, been a pain leveling as a rogue lately.
Old 11-21-2021, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

I too find that groups are a waste of time: a solo class that knows how to solo will get faster XP than all but the best groups (and I play a Mage: hardly the best solo class at high levels).

But what I'm not so sure of is ... is that unclassic? On live, soloing could be fast also, and classes that could do it well (with the knowledge/EQ engine of the time, ie. mainly Druids/Necros) were largely soloing instead of grouping.

There might be some miscalculation there, some argument for tweaking the numbers a bit still, but even after such adjustments (if this game is going to be classic) it will always be faster XP for some classes to solo than group (again, excluding really good groups),

If anything is unclassic, I think it's how safe/easy it is to solo here. On live you had more deaths from technical issues, it was harder to find a rez after you died, and even just getting back to your body was a hell of a lot harder without Dial A Port.

So maybe you could argue the XP bonus should err on the side of groups a little to balance the above, but ultimately too much group XP bonus would make things unclassic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-21-2021, 01:53 PM
Banned

even if exp is worse solo i just go it solo because its a lot easier to go my own pace even on gimped and naked characters

so the group bonus should be noticable imo

not like it is on red tho were u can get lvl 40 in a day if a full grp gets pwoerelvld...

like 5% better overall than soloing with members grpd even if ur just sorta killing mobs haphazardly and you are carrying them, they are carrying u occasionally, gives ppl time for afk breaks
Old 11-21-2021, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any chance of bumping the group exp bonus a little or a lot?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2021, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

At this point most people have a fungi on blue at least.

The best classic experiences I've had are early in server timelines. Green launch was great for it and people having to group/be social.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too find that groups are a waste of time: a solo class that knows how to solo will get faster XP than all but the best groups (and I play a Mage: hardly the best solo class at high levels).

But what I'm not so sure of is ... is that unclassic? On live, soloing could be fast also, and classes that could do it well (with the knowledge/EQ engine of the time, ie. mainly Druids/Necros) were largely soloing instead of grouping.

There might be some miscalculation there, some argument for tweaking the numbers a bit still, but even after such adjustments (if this game is going to be classic) it will always be faster XP for some classes to solo than group (again, excluding really good groups),

If anything is unclassic, I think it's how safe/easy it is to solo here. On live you had more deaths from technical issues, it was harder to find a rez after you died, and even just getting back to your body was a hell of a lot harder without Dial A Port.

So maybe you could argue the XP bonus should err on the side of groups a little to balance the above, but ultimately too much group XP bonus would make things unclassic.
I think players don't realize how many people were soloing on live back in the day. Especially if you played a group focused character. Wizards, Druids, Necros, Enchanters all soloing. Shamans of course as well (although I don't remember people really understanding how top tier Shamans could be when twinked out until later). You're right it was much harder to find a rez and laggy internet/computers made it much more dangerous (especially if you were doing things like quad kiting or charm killing).

Definitely would love to see a bit more of a group XP bonus. Not to the extent that it becomes significantly better than soloing, but making them close to each other in efficiency would be nice as it gets pretty boring soloing.
Old 11-26-2021, 06:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point most people have a fungi on blue at least.

The best classic experiences I've had are early in server timelines. Green launch was great for it and people having to group/be social.
Yeah we need a server reset to keep things interesting.

Having said that I enjoy grouping, but solo is definitely faster xp. A 10% boost in xp per group member would be nice, even though it isn't classic...
Old 11-26-2021, 10:21 AM
Banned

definately need to dump green into blue at the end of it's time line and just ratchet up blues exp curve so ppl don't have to stress about life on blue

green2.0 should be like .0001% experience per day after everyone hits lvl 10
Old 11-28-2021, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

There's a 1.5xp rate on red from 1-50 with extra if you group per group member if anyone is interested in bringing themselves and friends to something quicker.

That and starting truly naked/fresh, with a slower economy/item availability makes it interesting.
Closed Thread