Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you feel <Misunderstood>? Tell us your preference.
My preference is RP. 13 59.09%
My preference is PvP. 2 9.09%
I prefer both equally. 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 10:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Today, I traveled to the lands the Greater Faydark to to convene with creations of Rallos Zek to hone my magicks. After a time, my blessed lord Bertoxxulous poured his word to my ears once more: I was told to pray return to the sands of the East Commandlands. I dared not question him nor wonder where this may lead, and like the plague I went without thought. Sure enough, a whisper came from Nektulos Forest. I met with two Dark Elves, of which both followed as I in the ways of discord. Truly, allies among those of Innoruuk's people. Their rage and hatred stirs like the sickness of madness, a pox that only enflames the vengeance of those too weak for victory yet too strong for death. A sickness that spreads, intensifying, as it spills bile and blood upon the battlefield. It will be good to have their might by my side, so that we may together seek our goals and route those who dare defy our deities. Glorious..."

-t. Darious, Faithful of Bertoxxulous
Oh wow, I made it to the forum, photo and all! Nice shot, although my left side is my photogenic side.
Seriously, I really liked this guild idea concept yesterday when I read the posts, and I rushed home after work to create Kentik, a dark elf wizard. Being evil there was only this one character class/race/religion combination that could be good at PvP and also be a helpful teleporter for guild members, so I went for it! I also have played every other caster a million times on various servers, but never tried a wizard, so that was another factor drawing me in. So far so good! And my first interaction was with a very nice person who saw my red name and contacted me to ask if I had made a mistake, and did I understand the implications of my choice. And then we chatted for a while. So it's sparking interactions, which in an MMORPG is a good thing.
I have only advanced to level 4, so if anyone is reading ths and is intrigued enough to try it out, create a character today and join me, and we can advance together until we take over Norrath! Look up Kentik.
Last edited by Valik1016; 11-17-2021 at 10:11 AM..
Old 11-17-2021, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valik1016 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...So far so good! And my first interaction was with a very nice person who saw my red name and contacted me to ask if I had made a mistake, and did I understand the implications of my choice. And then we chatted for a while. So it's sparking interactions, which in an MMORPG is a good thing.
I think between the novel, new experience, the immersion and the challenges, the fact it piques such curiosity and serves as a great icebreaker for interactions between myself and others is my favorite part. Every single group I've been in has been thoroughly rused into believing I'm a Necromancer when I'm actually an Enchanter - the red name helps! More particularly, there's always questions, namely "why?", and it's always so fun explaining the logic behind it. Almost always develops into a fun conversation within the group.

Last night, we reminisced about Live and how apparently two of our party members used to play on a PvP server. One mentioned all the griefing they ended up experiencing and the other talking about what things were like after some changes as time passed. The idea it helps reunite people over past ideas really warms me.
Old 11-17-2021, 01:32 PM
Kobold

"It would seem the unruly orc-kind are many across these lands. Be it the Faydark or deserts of Ro, they are numerous and they are stubborn. They listen not to the word of their betters and care only for bloodshed. While not entirely displeasing, they know not what potential they betray themselves by not consorting with my kinship's brotherhood. Their lack of alliance had such then proven them ideal for me to hone my magicks upon, and so it was Bertoxxulous' will it be done. And so it seemed I was not so alone in this endeavor, as I came across others who made prey of them as well. Much blood was spilled and many glories were praised as we made thorough sacrilege of their own shrine buried beneath the bodies. All the while, Bertoxxulous' good name was given and his word taken in with his blessings. It does my aching, rotting heart good to know more know well his kindness than I thought."

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"After taking a reprieve, for a time onto my retreat of the tunnel of the Eastern Commons amongst the merchants, I found myself upon an audience. Many curious ears and open minds did I meet, where I shared the ways of discord. They took to my word as famished to a banquet and lo, did we celebrate. New blood flows like a gaping wound as more of my kind pour upon the land. And so it was good."

-t. Darious, Faithful of Bertoxxulous
Old 11-20-2021, 12:03 PM
Kobold

For those interested, the Arena now has 10%+ EXP. Very curious what that could mean, considering it's an empty zone.
Old 11-26-2021, 12:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

From a very young age, I knew I was not like the others. I felt out of place in this world - yes, it offers so many paths to take, but every one has been traveled by the boots of hundreds of thousands of "adventurers" before me. Meaning no disrespect to the original settlers of these lands - they were the true adventurers, carving paths to establish safe-havens amidst the chaos of Norrath: The treacherous mountains of Faydwer, the dense forests Faydark Toxxulia and Nektulos, the sub-zero perils of Everfrost and the overbearing heat of the Desert of Ro. Nay, I speak of those that followed them, for how many times can one follow the well-beaten paths of our ancestors before the overwhelming urge of TRUE adventure overtakes them?

That question dominated my thoughts. It became an obsession that further drove the perceived wedge dividing myself from the others. I immersed myself in studying the practices and religions that are only mentioned in whispers in the darkest corners of Norrath's taverns. Hatred, fear, decay, conflict, chaos... Discord. In my travels, I happened upon a Priest of Discord, who offered me a tome, written by The Seventh Hammer of the Court of Justice. Yes! This was a major step in the right direction. My eyes were opened to knowledge of the Order of Discord, those who studied and followed the same as I. I returned the tome to the Priest and became a child of Discord.

And yet there was still something missing. That old nagging thought from my youth suddenly returned at full strength. Yes, I have embraced the teachings of Discord, but what about my path? The fact that I was still following the same dusty, over-trodden paths of my ancestors left me sick to my stomach. I decided I must do something drastic to break the cycle. I would not only embrace the ways of Discord, I would devote my days on Norrath to destroying only those followers of Order who had banded together to form their cliques, churches, and shining cities that aim to sublimate the chaos and Discord that lives within us all.

Then one day as I was engrossed in my studies, I overheard whispers of a small group of children of Discord, looking to grow their ranks quickly. They would take some of the burden off of the oft-ignored Priests, and spread the word in the lands between the safe-havens of Norrath. I met with their charismatic leader Darious Bileblood in the Plains of Karana to discuss whether I would be a fit to this clan of Misunderstood. I will always follow my calling to destroy those who ignore their internal calling to Discord, but I have now found a family that may accept me in my quest.

-Yizerno, Devoted to Fear, Follower of Hatred, Decay, Chaos and Discord
Old 11-26-2021, 08:22 PM
Large Bat

What up my Necros.

What's up with the Lilypad Green folks - they get nervous when a red man comes around.

Do they share their priveleged buffs with you? No, well maybe we didn't want em anyway.

I once had a person whisper me telling me there was a red person around.. I should be careful.
I said fool, i am that red person. Not that you had anything to worry about.
Not like I'm going to hurt you - yet.

People say cause I'm a Lizard - I'm Sleazy. I say Sleaz-stack maybe.

To all of you - Asalam. Be at peace, eat well or be eaten. Its all part of the natural cycle.
Nothing to be upset about.

Experience the hard truth of things. See what being red is like in Antonica; or wherever else your from.

Before you judge, do some light reading. The priest of discord has a book all about it. Just be sure to return it to him.

We are not all the same color. You think I'm evil; but I'm just Misunderstood.

- Asalam
Old 11-26-2021, 09:07 PM
Banned

This is a way for red players to cope because their actual server is dead.

It's dying and we have people like this spreading their pvp filth on the holy green server rather than actually playing on the red server and populating it.

Lol!
Old 11-30-2021, 02:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a way for red players to cope because their actual server is dead.
I've actually never touched Red, myself, nor have a few other members of the guild. Though I have seen more people playing Red than there used to be in the past, which is also nice. I like the sense of immersion in playing an evil character when even players give you the stinkeye at first glance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What up my Necros...Before you judge, do some light reading. The priest of discord has a book all about it. Just be sure to return it to him....You think I'm evil; but I'm just Misunderstood.

- Asalam
This was pretty funny to read. I dig it. I'm glad its been fun for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizerno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...I have now found a family that may accept me in my quest.

-Yizerno, Devoted to Fear, Follower of Hatred, Decay, Chaos and Discord
And holy hell, this was an amazing read. Thank you so much for this. I love seeing people's adventures put to story just like this. I haven't done a writeup recently, but I've definitely accrued a wee bit of story to share, myself; hopefully I can put it into words as fluently as your own.
Last edited by Nachtsuchen; 11-30-2021 at 02:53 PM..
Old 12-05-2021, 11:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a way for red players to cope because their actual server is dead. It's dying and we have people like this spreading their pvp filth on the holy green server rather than actually playing on the red server and populating it.
This.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:52 PM
Kobold

For those interested, we are still active and open to members. We've had new blood join the ranks, so I've felt it appropriate to mention after being relatively quiet here on the forums.
Closed Thread