Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharfrat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Try improving things somehow
Pretty sure everyone posting here voted

Did anyone posting here not vote?

If that’s not enough I could try to run as a politician but I’m not corrupt enough
Old 11-27-2021, 12:23 PM
Kobold

read your last post...you sound exactly like one LOL
Old 11-27-2021, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharfrat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
read your last post...you sound exactly like one LOL
Lol maybe I am. I do certainly love money, which I think is the main goal for every politician, increase personal wealth
Old 11-27-2021, 12:40 PM
Kobold

I don't know anyone who wants less money
Old 11-27-2021, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
My bad, when I said “main goal” for politicians I meant “only goal”
Old 11-27-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Attachment 16309
Last edited by Rogean; Yesterday at 05:01 PM..
Old 11-27-2021, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically that’s not Trump. Both Trump and I would gladly let them rot in a cage with the gang member human trafficker rapist their parent hired to smuggle them into America claiming to be their Uncle (without proof of course) while they both wait to be denied asylum for economic purposes

But alas, there’s laws that prevent the detention of minors with the adults they came with. And those laws are very pre-Trump
No…

It really was Trump.

The administration of President Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions introduced a new “zero tolerance” immigration policy in April 2018. Whereas previously, those found crossing the border into United States illegally were largely subjected to administrative proceedings, before being deported, the zero tolerance policy instructed border agencies and immigration courts to arrest immigrants for violating U.S. immigration laws, and subject them to criminal trial, prosecution and incarceration, before their eventual deportation.

One necessary and foreseen consequence of this new policy was that adults who crossed the border from Mexico into the U.S. along with their children would have their children taken away from them while they were detained, pending criminal trial, and during their period of incarceration.

In a speech about the zero tolerance policy, in May 2018, Sessions made it clear that the separation of children from their parents was a foreseen and intended component of the policy.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No…

It really was Trump.

The administration of President Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions introduced a new “zero tolerance” immigration policy in April 2018. Whereas previously, those found crossing the border into United States illegally were largely subjected to administrative proceedings, before being deported, the zero tolerance policy instructed border agencies and immigration courts to arrest immigrants for violating U.S. immigration laws, and subject them to criminal trial, prosecution and incarceration, before their eventual deportation.

One necessary and foreseen consequence of this new policy was that adults who crossed the border from Mexico into the U.S. along with their children would have their children taken away from them while they were detained, pending criminal trial, and during their period of incarceration.

In a speech about the zero tolerance policy, in May 2018, Sessions made it clear that the separation of children from their parents was a foreseen and intended component of the policy.
Was this from the same American Bar Association article?

“On June 20, President Trump signed an Executive Order intended to halt the separation of families. However, the order instructs DHS to detain alien families together throughout the pendency of criminal proceedings and immigration proceedings. The Border Patrol has temporarily halted the referral for criminal prosecution of parents arriving with children, but there is no procedure currently in place to reunite the thousands of families already separated”

I could see why u neglected to include it

There is indeed a law that prevents minors from being detained with their “parent” beyond a certain length of time, I think it was only a few days. That law has existed for more than a decade if I recall. I just can’t find the name right now

And a LOT of those minors are not with any actual family member, just a random adult who was hired to smuggle them over the border (and many of whom molested them along the way). But a little child abuse at the hands of a human trafficker is a small price to pay for a future voter base

Edit: and it is against the law to enter the country illegally. You can apply for asylum outside the USA FYI. But that’s not what people want. They know they aren’t going to qualify for asylum (only ones coming from Cuba would but Dems don’t want them). What they want is to enter illegally saying they are applying for asylum, then be released into the country with a court date, then not show for it. It’s simple, but effective
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-27-2021 at 01:12 PM..
Old 11-27-2021, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

todays is yet another day where joe biden decied to go with trump policy after all haha
Old 11-27-2021, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was this from the same American Bar Association article?

“On June 20, President Trump signed an Executive Order intended to halt the separation of families. However, the order instructs DHS to detain alien families together throughout the pendency of criminal proceedings and immigration proceedings. The Border Patrol has temporarily halted the referral for criminal prosecution of parents arriving with children, but there is no procedure currently in place to reunite the thousands of families already separated”

I could see why u neglected to include it

There is indeed a law that prevents minors from being detained with their “parent” beyond a certain length of time, I think it was only a few days. That law has existed for more than a decade if I recall. I just can’t find the name right now

And a LOT of those minors are not with any actual family member, just a random adult who was hired to smuggle them over the border (and many of whom molested them along the way). But a little child abuse at the hands of a human trafficker is a small price to pay for a future voter base

Edit: and it is against the law to enter the country illegally. You can apply for asylum outside the USA FYI. But that’s not what people want. They know they aren’t going to qualify for asylum (only ones coming from Cuba would but Dems don’t want them). What they want is to enter illegally saying they are applying for asylum, then be released into the country with a court date, then not show for it. It’s simple, but effective
As a result of the NEW POLICY called Trump zero tolerance, 2,342 children were separated from their parents between 5 May and 9 June 2018, according to “multiple news reports”which cited official figures provided by a Department of Homeland Security spokesperson on 19 June 2018.

Since the policy began with a 6 April memo distributed by Sessions, and persisted after 9 June 2018, the real number of children separated from their parents at the border is likely to be significantly higher.

Why didn’t we see the same type of separation during Obama’s presidency?

Criminal prosecution for improperly crossing into the United States was the exception under the Obama administration, whose policy largely limited that approach to known criminals and repeat offenders. Under the “zero tolerance” policy implemented by Trump and Sessions, criminal prosecution for any unauthorized border crossing is the rule rather than the exception.
Closed Thread