Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Mana Drain - need enchanter assistance

Hi Enchanters!

The 2005 class reinvisioning mentions some interesting things -

Quote:
we will also be changing drains so that they only return the mana the NPC has instead of always returning the full amount.

If an NPC only has 100 mana and your spell does a 400 drain, you will only get 100 mana. This is a necessary change as most NPCs, including non-casters, are given small amounts of mana in order to power some innates.
i.e. prior to 2005 mana drain doesn't work as a tap - it simply gives you full mana amount for the spell regardless of how much mana the target had (as long as it had a mana stat?).

Can any enchanters confirm whether or not Theft or Thought gives the full amount every time? - it should do, but I am not sure it does!

It also appears it should be working on NPCs with innate spells, not just caster classes (in 2005 many NPCs had these, but I suppose 2001 and earlier some NPCs like dragons, etc also did).

Please post any info on how things are working regarding mana drain so this can be fixed if required [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jimjam; 11-23-2021 at 07:49 AM..
Old 11-28-2021, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Good find.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-28-2021, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Most times I'm not ToT'ing the same mob more than once. Even if I was, the cooldown vs the NPC's mana regen is fairly good/quick anyway, much like a mage pet.

Which brings up another question. Is NPC mana regen "classic" as it stands?
Old 11-28-2021, 03:45 AM
Sarnak

I was sieving and ToTing the King in Chardok a couple days ago and I will think it is already working this way on Blue. My last ToT cast did not give me the amount (9ish %) I generally get
Old 11-28-2021, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

Thank you for posting your experiences guys.

I've created a bug post https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...wpost&t=395358 on the subject.

Please post any testing/experiences you have with mana drains there, and if you find anything supporting / refuting 1999-2001 era always returning the full amount of mana of a drain please post it there!
Old 11-28-2021, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Enchanters!

The 2005 class reinvisioning mentions some interesting things -

i.e. prior to 2005 mana drain doesn't work as a tap - it simply gives you full mana amount for the spell regardless of how much mana the target had (as long as it had a mana stat?).

Can any enchanters confirm whether or not Theft or Thought gives the full amount every time? - it should do, but I am not sure it does!

It also appears it should be working on NPCs with innate spells, not just caster classes (in 2005 many NPCs had these, but I suppose 2001 and earlier some NPCs like dragons, etc also did).

Please post any info on how things are working regarding mana drain so this can be fixed if required [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On p99 it only gives as much mana as the npc had remaining, but it does work against npcs that only have mana for an innate -- although I have know idea if the set of innates that give an npc mana on p99 is that same as live was.
Old 11-28-2021, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On p99 it only gives as much mana as the npc had remaining, but it does work against npcs that only have mana for an innate -- although I have know idea if the set of innates that give an npc mana on p99 is that same as live was.
hmm, I've used wandering mind (mana drain/dot) on mob a second before I killed it and wandering mind continued to give me mana over time for the duration despite the mob being dead. Does it do the drain all at once before they die and just give me that mana over time?
Old 11-29-2021, 10:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Enchanters!

I can confirm on Green that if a mob is OOM, ToT returns nothing.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmm, I've used wandering mind (mana drain/dot) on mob a second before I killed it and wandering mind continued to give me mana over time for the duration despite the mob being dead. Does it do the drain all at once before they die and just give me that mana over time?
AFAICT WM always gives the full amount; just ToT is limited to giving what it takes.
Old 11-29-2021, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AFAICT WM always gives the full amount; just ToT is limited to giving what it takes.
It probably has to do with the mechanics of being a DoT rather than a tap. Leach for a necro will continue to heal after the mob dies, but taps... well I haven't actually noticed if I got the full amount of a tap when the mob was low health.
Closed Thread