Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Kobold

Default Summer is over...time to try P99?

Hi folks,

I'm an EQ vet, most recently I played a lot on EQ Mac. Unfortunately the server culture has gotten a bit toxic lately so I've been thinking about trying out P99. I'm curious, how things are going over here?

From what I can tell from the boards, it seems like the server is extremely healthy an active! Can anyone get me up to speed with the current state of things? How is the low level population? Any tips for a new player? How about end/game raiding? Are there any things related to the server history, current climate, future outlook, etc. that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for your responses! Looking forward to getting to know some of you!

Edit: should clarify that I intend to play on BLUE.
Last edited by Wenuven; 08-25-2013 at 11:11 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Sarnak

Just started recently myself about I guess a month ago now, and the community in game has been very welcoming. Very much circa 99 in terms of community feel if you know what I mean. We've not suffered for groups in the slightest, and there seems to be heaps of folks playing at all levels.

So enjoy and welcome! I hope to see you in game.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Sarnak

At most there's about 1200 people online at peak hours, and as low as 200-300 during offpeak. Better access to epics, lots of grouping available for all levels (depending upon where you go). Mutltiple raiding and casual guilds you can join.

All in all, it's definitely worth at least trying out.
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 08-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Kobold

Agree with the guy above me. Started around the middle of the July and haven't had a bad experience yet. People forming teams to go do rezzes to people that were dying from the DDoS attacks, no problem getting ports, buffs in EC tunnel. The whole community seems pretty awesome so far, only level 31 though so can't really give much insight as to what the higher levels hold, but I definitely love being back and playing again!

Some low level zones are empty, but more often than not the zones you'll be in you'll be able to find a group in. The only totally empty zone I've gone in to so far has been CT.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

We have working boats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Another seattle guy! there's quite a few of us around here. Server is very 1999, except everyone knows what the best everything/everywhere is. Not quite as much exploration as you might remember, because everything is quantified and calculated, but dont let that stop you from playing. Sense of community is still there.

Tips for a noob? play an iksar so that the harbingers of thule dont have to skin your pink/blue/green hide and string you up in the woods of warsliks, you filthy soft skin.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 08-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Kobold

Wow! Definitely sounds promising, and quite a bit different front the experience on EQ Mac.

Curious, is mutliboxing as prevalent (necessary) as it is on EQ Mac? Or do most people focus on only one character?

Also, are there any classes I should avoid due to being overpopulated? I wasn't to play a Druid since that's what I played back in 99, but I have a feeling they are probably very overrun on a Kunark era server.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, so good of you to bring this up.

multiboxing is illegal on this server. bannable offense, no leeway.

RMT is illlegal. instaban if caught (and most DO get caught)

Account trading (even for plat) is now illegal. ban.

Enjoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 08-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

Multi-boxing IS VERBOTEN. Your IP will be BANNED if caught. (and 99.999% of boxers are caught)
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 08-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Kobold

That is actually a HUGE relief. I'm super excited!!! Boxing, RMT, etc are some of the worst aspects of EQ Mac. Glad I won't run into those here.
Closed Thread