Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2021, 02:48 PM
Orc

Thumbs up What meele or tank mostly benefits from a F-tunic?

I have been saving for a fungi for some months and wanted to start a meele class. Already got a 41 iksar monk but was thinking about starting a War, Pal or SK.

Dont feel like starting another Iksar or Troll because the exp penality hurts a bit.

I wont have much money for other items, was thinking about spending extra 4-5K for basic equipment like a decent weapon and some HP rings plus basic armor.

I want to solo as much as I can and wonder if a warrior would be a cool class since I love to see its big crits.
Old 10-30-2021, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Do you have a haste item? You'll need one of those too.

If you're not rolling with Monk, go with Ogre Warrior imo. Staff of Battle is cheap and you will destroy mobs.
Old 10-30-2021, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Monk is the class that can make the most of the fungi tunic, but out of those classes. However, play what you love in all honesty.
Old 10-30-2021, 06:02 PM
Aviak

They all benefit pretty equally imo. With paladin self heals + fungi, it could put them over the top as a fun solo class with a cheap 2hander.

I might recommend choosing based on what class you'd want to play at 60. Warriors are great raid tanks, SKs can maneuver well with invisibility and FD. Palos have best snap aggro, also great on raids. At 60, you probably won't even use fungi unless it's during downtime.
Old 10-30-2021, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

I'll personally recommend a human warrior with fungi, cof, and two lammies till 50. Then upgrade to blood points all the way to 60. At 60, when all other classes are progressively getting worse or stop getting better, the warrior keeps going to infinity.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:50 PM
Banned

honestly any class who can wear it benefits from it

but I see pure melee classes use it the most
Old 10-31-2021, 01:19 AM
Fire Giant

I only recently got my first fungi. I initially put it on my 46 warrior, and it was pretty OP. After realizing I don't really enjoy warriors (I'm a slow study [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) I put it on my 25 pally, who is now 32, and it remains crazy OP.

I realize there's quite the level difference between the two, but I feel like it will be equally OP on both. While the warrior had no other means for healing himself and it was therefore particularly handy on him, the pally will presumably enjoy having to heal up an awful lot less.

The way I see it, it's like adding at least a regular C to Amy non-CH healer in the group until 60.

It has not disappointed.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:10 AM
Kobold

I've noticed a great bonus on having fungi while soloing with troll sk and epic, like the two regens, racial and fungi together with the proccing life steal really makes a difference. Without fungi it doesn't work nearly as well... Also Fungi on sk is great because if things go wrong, you can just FD and go make some coffee and comeback to full hp...
Old 11-02-2021, 11:15 AM
Banned

A twink druid with a fungi and jade mace is the most fun twink in the game. With regen, heals, self ds + regular ds, harmony and snare for controlled pulls and flame-lick for agro twinked druids are the best and most fun tanks till the early 40s. It feels like playing a Diablo 2 Paladin in EQ.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:05 PM
Banned

rogues get a lot out of them to
Closed Thread