Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 08:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default who ran tmo off red?

last time i played tmo was here getting started.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

They just got bored and tried other games.
Old 11-09-2021, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Oh, there's more to it than TMO getting bored. It was so long ago, I can't quite remember the order of events, but...

I remember <TMO> starting up and Tiggles etc saying they would own the server within 6 months, or something like that.

I remember lots of us gave them tons of tips and input on how to PVP, and on how to run a guild on a PVP server, and TMO members ignored almost all of it. They refused to carry pumice, they ran around without /role or /anon, etc. They suffered in PVP for a long time.

I remember being in <Friends> and we ported up to Plane of Hate and laying waste to TMO there. Then we logged off and waited for them to port up and rez. Then we logged in and killed them all again. Then they all logged off. This sort of thing happened over and over until TMO quit Red.

A select few, like Jjlent, adapted and survived. the end
Old 11-09-2021, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They just got bored and tried other games.
This simply isn't true lol
Old 11-09-2021, 10:08 AM
Kobold

TMO got absolutely shit on, they were a punching bag on this server
Old 11-09-2021, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This simply isn't true lol
We tried to help red and doubled their population over night. Most of the server quit and most of our members did as well. We took a couple loses leveling up gear less. But if we decided to stay a few more months, in my eyes we would've ran the server.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:02 AM
Kobold

It was a lot of fun sending that extra pop back to blue, you had some real sandbags that stuck around to get fucked for way longer then anyone should have wanted lol
Old 11-09-2021, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

TMO offered some really easy kills for 3 weeks.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:56 PM
Banned

JEREMY GOT BUFF
Old 11-10-2021, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, there's more to it than TMO getting bored. It was so long ago, I can't quite remember the order of events, but...

I remember <TMO> starting up and Tiggles etc saying they would own the server within 6 months, or something like that.

I remember lots of us gave them tons of tips and input on how to PVP, and on how to run a guild on a PVP server, and TMO members ignored almost all of it. They refused to carry pumice, they ran around without /role or /anon, etc. They suffered in PVP for a long time.

I remember being in <Friends> and we ported up to Plane of Hate and laying waste to TMO there. Then we logged off and waited for them to port up and rez. Then we logged in and killed them all again. Then they all logged off. This sort of thing happened over and over until TMO quit Red.

A select few, like Jjlent, adapted and survived. the end
tmo prob the biggest disappointment in a guild ive ever seen

I did not want to be part of the zerg guild at the time (empire) I wanted competition fun pvp / mass pvp. so i joined TMO

I knew they were probably bad at pvp , I kind of expected that. I was ok with it. I thought they were gonna be actually good at PvE tho. I heard they locked down epics for years on blue etc etc

well they absolutely sucked at pve as well lol. they struggled to kill maestro in hate among others

i quit soon after