Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 02:16 PM
Banned

Default Riot reviews from actual citizens of towns that had riots?

Anyone have any? I weigh the opinion of somebody who actually has to deal with this shit a lot higher than people who get to watch it on TV, highly curated, while eating cheeseburgers.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:51 PM
Banned

Hahah, this is like asking for people who know someone who died in a chicago gun fight. Another MAJOR concern of the same crowd. lol
Old 11-20-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

love this clip. oblivious dudes playing beerbong while there's a march going on outside, you won't believe what happens next

welp it's kind of ruined by the video title, so you might just believe it
Old 11-20-2021, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahah, this is like asking for people who know someone who died in a chicago gun fight. Another MAJOR concern of the same crowd. lol
Hah! I knew you didn't have me on ignore for real.

*frantically updates gravvydoo personality profile*
Old 11-20-2021, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone have any? I weigh the opinion of somebody who actually has to deal with this shit a lot higher than people who get to watch it on TV, highly curated, while eating cheeseburgers.
The only one in my area was stupid Logan Paul (or one of his dumb brothers I forget who) organizing a break in at Fashion Square Mall on camera for internet fame and clout during the George Floyd protests. Fashion Square being one of the fanciest and most expensive malls in the state if not the most, so he was stupid to think there wouldn’t be legal repercussions for it, and there were for him

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 11-20-2021, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, you're a fan of anecdotal evidence? gotcha.
Old 11-20-2021, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

bill maher says that kyle watched too many comic book movies so actually it was cartoons that caused the violence.
Old 11-20-2021, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

I have been in a riot and It was fine and not such a big deal as the media made it out to be
Old 11-20-2021, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

Except for the police hitting people sitting on the floor for no reason
Old 11-21-2021, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

There were a few riots when I lived in Manchester (close to the city centre and the football ground). Mainly football hooliganism, but the largest one was in response to police violence (Mark Duggan was shot and killed).

I lived several floors up in a locked compound so just stayed home. I probably posted about it here.

Local news article recently updated about the riot.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....could-21222319

It was a bit like the recent America riots. Loads of people frustrated feeling society failed them and lashing out. 2008-2011 was a rough time of government austerity and poor employment prospects. People were unhappy.
Last edited by Jimjam; 11-21-2021 at 05:15 AM..
Closed Thread