Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Worse group (not raid) class?
Enchanter 0 0%
Magician 0 0%
Necromancer 0 0%
Wizard 9 50.00%
Cleric 0 0%
Druid 2 11.11%
Shaman 1 5.56%
Bard 0 0%
Monk 0 0%
Ranger 1 5.56%
Rogue 0 0%
Paladin 1 5.56%
Shadow Knight 0 0%
Warrior 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

well, I just PUG'd to 60 a couple months ago during an exp weekend on mischief, and without a healer it was a waste of time to exp and more efficent to wait till you could find one.

So i have some recent memory that without a healer your group is pointless. You can enjoy the game without one, but if you want to do the bar area in seb or any named really besides scarabs, you're going to need one! (unless of course you're an enchanter by yourself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Old 11-22-2021, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well, I just PUG'd to 60 a couple months ago during an exp weekend on mischief, and without a healer it was a waste of time to exp and more efficent to wait till you could find one.

So i have some recent memory that without a healer your group is pointless. You can enjoy the game without one, but if you want to do the bar area in seb or any named really besides scarabs, you're going to need one! (unless of course you're an enchanter by yourself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Bar is practically soloable at 40s on 90% of toons.
Old 11-22-2021, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bar is practically soloable at 40s on 90% of toons.
if you want to get dogcrap exp and one named a century, sure.

I solo'd najina at 20 with an enchanter and that was fun and awesome but by no means efficient.

Although if I did that with a time machine I'd be the most rich and powerful player just saying.
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-22-2021 at 04:04 PM..
Old 11-22-2021, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's amazing that EQ was able to make a game where they were like, oh cant find another person to play a healer? Well no gamin for you and these 5 other people tonight.
It works out. A group wants a healer. Out of 14 classes you have a one main healer type, a couple of secondary healers and a couple more tertiary heal-capable classes. That's not a bad breakdown. It's enough, usually, except for that segment of the population who refuses to settle for something besides a cleric. EQ has a way of rewarding the players who can adapt to what's available and make stuff work.

----------------------------------

As a rule I think wizards have to be at about the bottom of the heap on P1999 insofar as grouping is concerned, mostly because P99's environment differs from that of original EQ. In the original game wizards brought some kill-steal protection and frequent downtime meant meditating wasn't a big deal. P1999's a different environment. Kill-stealing isn't such an issue here and routine chain-pulling means the mana-dependent wizard doesn't necessarily deal appreciably more damage per hour than even a paladin might.

Danth
Old 11-22-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

yeah it does work out, can see why WoW tried to mitigate that but I hate the results. I cant think of any solution beyond making a healer class invalidated and that's what I think wow did.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
if you want to get dogcrap exp and one named a century, sure.

I solo'd najina at 20 with an enchanter and that was fun and awesome but by no means efficient.

Although if I did that with a time machine I'd be the most rich and powerful player just saying.
See, I understand people want to be the best all the time and have perfect exp curves always.

SOmetimes u just want to visit a goblin bar tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and it's nice to have a kunark weapon and be slightly overleavled with 5k of kunark gear instead of being lvl 28 and doing it in classic with a perfect grp.

IMO groups with a cleric and a druid or cleric and a shaman are the best.

Cleric, necro is good too.

Cleric is the foundation of a good group and that's awesome that this game was willing to make priests matter. Although one other option wouldn't hurt even if they just copy pasted most of the clerics abilities.

Later on in like PoP other healers got much more competative.

Clerics end game were always sick tho, clicking eppic + AA to reballance hp, tossing out a group hp buff or heal and calling it a day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also as a safety measure for the tank, no other class could cheeze that if a CH wasn't going to make it.

Then again EQ became incredibly kind of ... formulaic when everyone became a an epic raider slaying gods and multiversal discord baddies.

I miss the complete random damage spikes of pre-velious erra content that would just trash somebody in chain or bronze lol. Was a lot funner to heal, spot heal, then.

healing in wow is lame too it always was and it got way worse as they wanted healers to just be a little bit of regen per tick with a little bit of extra dps and have some defensives because tanks are too dumb to use their own

dpsing as a healer is fun in it's own right tho, it should be modal for some healer classes, like not always on, disc is great, holy should have more of a mana management aspect to dps tho, and since they removed mana management from the game pretty much more or less as a mechanic it kinda became 'unfair' to let a healer burst dps their mana out, they should have tho, fuck balance in this regard.

as an eq healer, a little dps is always good too, because it can save a lot of mana, especially with a caster or an annoying mob mixed into the pack. or to help finish them and get them to run.
Last edited by starkind; 11-22-2021 at 05:01 PM..
Closed Thread