Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Kobold

Default GMs: Walk Away.

This is in response to the GM event on Red, but its also stemmed from me seeing the GMs struggle at being constantly scrutinized, and Rogean's post about not critiquing the staff.

There is a lot of interest in growing red, increasing the population, and "fixing" the community. The problem with this is that, as evidenced by the event, the ass-hats rule the server. Ban Nihilum, Azrael becomes Nihilum, and the beat goes on. The beauty of a PvP ruleset is that it is supposed to give the player base tools to resolve their conflict through the game interface, not lawyerquest on the forums over FTE. The ugly reality is that those who strive to dominate and destroy their competition ultimately succeed in gaining an advantage because they are ruthless. Until this cycle of power is broken, Red server will never change its way. What Red needs is a resistance. A group of players dedicated to improving the quality of the server, fighting the ass-hats, and recruiting and helping new players enter and enjoy the server. Until this happens red will continue to be a cesspool, and I honestly don't believe its worth your valuable time. The odds are this never happens, but the playerbase itself is the only thing that has the power to change the playerbase. Its likely to end in another Nihilum -> Azrael power shift, and the cycles will continue. But have faith, and keep your hands off of it. Let it sift its problems out itself, because continuing to devote energy to it is only hurting the cycle in the long run.

I strongly recommend that you offer minimal CSR support to red, let it become a troll fest, let it get WORSE, because either the server will atrophy, run off a large portion of the population, and ultimately put itself in the perfect situation to remove it and replace it with teams PvP/Wipe it clean.
OR
A group of people will stand up, because the conditions are so terrible, and fight the powers that are entrenched, and while they may be constantly down trodden, trolled, and defeated, but there is also hope that they can overcome. This hope may draw new players, this rally around cleaning up the server from the playerbase, the necessity of charity to your fellow players in order to assemble and fight the entrenched powers.

Either way, I highly recommend that you attend to the Golden Child blue, and walk away from the red-headed bastard step-child Red. Who knows in 25 years it might actually mature into a self sustaining server, capable of resolving its own conflicts without GM intervention. It may also cripple itself from its toxicity, and leave you no other choice but to put it down. But ultimately your not going to fix the server, the server must learn to fix itself.

tl;dr
GMs disown your bastard child, throw it out of the house, and let it starve on the streets for a while, it will be good for it.
P.S. The Resistance is recruiting.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad you included a TLDR version at the bottom. I was sweaty just thinking about all the reading I wasn't going to do.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Orc

Don't agree. The PNP has made a difference, and the culture here's shown positive change, ugly though it may still be.

I think things are finally beginning to work on some level.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't agree. The PNP has made a difference, and the culture here's shown positive change, ugly though it may still be.

I think things are finally beginning to work on some level.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

this post sucks sorry agatha
Old 09-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

You sound like a new player. Azrael isn't "dominating the competition" and hoping they quit much like the 50+ man 12 hour zerg that Nihilum pulled week after week until Nizzar's first ban.

The most we've had on a single raid that I was at was 27. We have left dragons up for days and no one has tried to take them but one single Faydadar by Blaze.

Holocaust was never going to contest anyways. I like Colgate, hes a pal, but someone who logs in for 1 hour a day 2 days a week won't be helping anyone get pixels. And we all know the ex-Nihi members have no comprehension or leadership skills thus why the big resurgence of players after Nizzar came back and Willan was no longer leading.

I truly hope to see Blaze and Red coming to contest soon. They have similarly sized forces, will make for some great PvP.

Also, seems like an Agatha alt account that is crying about petitions against him. But thats just usual shit.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:38 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiNGloriouS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like a new player. Azrael isn't "dominating the competition" and hoping they quit much like the 50+ man 12 hour zerg that Nihilum pulled week after week until Nizzar's first ban.

The most we've had on a single raid that I was at was 27. We have left dragons up for days and no one has tried to take them but one single Faydadar by Blaze.

Holocaust was never going to contest anyways. I like Colgate, hes a pal, but someone who logs in for 1 hour a day 2 days a week won't be helping anyone get pixels. And we all know the ex-Nihi members have no comprehension or leadership skills thus why the big resurgence of players after Nizzar came back and Willan was no longer leading.

I truly hope to see Blaze and Red coming to contest soon. They have similarly sized forces, will make for some great PvP.

Also, seems like an Agatha alt account that is crying about petitions against him. But thats just usual shit.

dude you are a fucking robot, saying the same thing in every thread every day. My god, have some respect for yourself and say the things you want to not just Lite Talking Points
Last edited by mygodno; 09-10-2014 at 01:41 AM..
Old 09-10-2014, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dude you are a fucking robot, saying the same thing in every thread every day. My god, have some respect for yourself and say the things you want to not just Lite Talking Points
Then he won't get his DKP!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:47 AM
Kobold

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2014, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Did it ever occur to you that Holocaust has no interest in killing the same dragons we killed 2.5 years ago?