Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 03:47 PM
Skeleton

Default Coming back

Installed and got 99 running last night haven't played EQ in many years. Still trying to figure out how to get the UI set up in a way I like. What are some of the noob friendly guilds that have voice preferably? Still have not decided on what class to play, played BL a lot and some necro played tank classes on newer MMOs once in a while healers advice on classes would be welcome.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

look on the forums in the guild recruitment section. it will give you a list of different guilds that are active on this server. you will see advertisements for all kinds of guilds.

good luck and welcome!!
Old 05-27-2016, 10:07 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
look on the forums in the guild recruitment section. it will give you a list of different guilds that are active on this server. you will see advertisements for all kinds of guilds.

good luck and welcome!!
Ok sounds good will check it out. Starting to get the UI to a point I can figure out
Old 05-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Aviak

Welcome back.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Play what you think will be the most fun, it;s the only thing you will have complete control over. Don't get your hopes up for "the rest" of the game.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

I can't explain it better than Loraen already has, check out this guide.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen's...election_Guide
Old 05-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Just ignore his crack smoker rankings.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

hhhooowwwlll!!! You didn't by chance play UO on Pac server early on, did ya? Prolly not but nice nic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'd recommend necro or drui to start, neither are gear dependent at all really. Good classes to fund a more serious main later, and easer time to readjust to the game.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRWolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Installed and got 99 running last night haven't played EQ in many years. Still trying to figure out how to get the UI set up in a way I like. What are some of the noob friendly guilds that have voice preferably? Still have not decided on what class to play, played BL a lot and some necro played tank classes on newer MMOs once in a while healers advice on classes would be welcome.
The class that is a combo between tank and necro is SK. The problem with SK in classic is that there isn't a lot of opportunity to tank or do anything useful during raids. If that dosn't bother you, it could be a good class.

They are a lot more gear dependent than a caster class, however. Druid is the best class for solo leveling overall. Necro is pretty good at well and has more potential to camp dungeons. Enchanter is also very good at both grouping and solo.

But soloing is overrated. Pet classes get 50% of their exp sapped unless their pet does less than 50% of the damage -- this pretty much sucks for all non-druid soloers (and swarm kiting bards -- but i don't recommend that to people because not everyone can do it well).

So id recommend playing what you want and trying to make some connections. It's really all about getting a few people you can play with regularly.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:13 PM
Skeleton

thanks for all the advice i went ahead and rolled a chanter a gnome chanter. Figured a good money maker might be nice to lvl up first.
Closed Thread