Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 06:54 AM
Sarnak

Default Green auction tracker?

Will there be an auction tracker for the green server? I for one use the blue one for buying and selling and it’s a great tool. I’m sure the economy will be way different on green since the most mundane weapons and armor on blue will be more valuable and harder to get on green.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

Semi related: hopefully they disable item linking on green for an awesome classic appropriate change.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Semi related: hopefully they disable item linking on green for an awesome classic appropriate change.
That would be classic, but in the end I'm just typing that text into the wiki window right next to my EQ window, so it's just more typing and clicking to get the same info. That wouldn't be a classic change like the med book, that would just give me more carpal tunnel.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would be classic, but in the end I'm just typing that text into the wiki window right next to my EQ window, so it's just more typing and clicking to get the same info. That wouldn't be a classic change like the med book, that would just give me more carpal tunnel.
Carpal tunnel is classic AF
Old 09-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will there be an auction tracker for the green server? I for one use the blue one for buying and selling and it’s a great tool. I’m sure the economy will be way different on green since the most mundane weapons and armor on blue will be more valuable and harder to get on green.
It will be chaos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The most mundane things will be valuable but most people wont have hardly any plat.

I forsee actual trading (E.g. for goods) as well as money. Exciting.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will be chaos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The most mundane things will be valuable but most people wont have hardly any plat.

I forsee actual trading (E.g. for goods) as well as money. Exciting.

I have about a dozen locs in Nek where walker skels pop. I will be the Cracked Staff Queen of Nektulos!
Old 09-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Set it up in Kelethin!

If you build it, they will come.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think the staff has said, but I suspect item linking will be on Green despite being unclassic. Very few things trump classic here, but one of them is "making a server the staff can actually support with its all volunteer team."

My understanding was that item links helped cut back on a large amount of player fraud, so it seems logical that the staff would keep them, not because they're unclassic, but because they save the staff time to deal with other player issues (eg. "he took my gnoll!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

As for an auction tracker, I see three possibilities:
  1. Ravhin (the creator of the original wiki auction tracker) could rise from his grave and add a Green version (the "rise from his grave" part is only half-joking: he did stop playing for awhile, but he came back and posted a couple weeks ago, so while I haven't heard from him since, and he never committed to doing this in any way ... it could still happen)
  2. Someone else can make one. We've had (at least) two external auction trackers that I know of, AHungry's (Greengrocer's) and the P99 Tunnel. If Ravhin doesn't give us one, I suspect someone will step up.
  3. No one will step up, and we'll have no Green auction tracker. Live didn't have one, and it's not the end of the world.
There's also very small possibility of #4, which is sort of a cross of #1 and #2: someone who knows PHP could build an entirely new auction tracker for the wiki. But that's pretty unlikely.

Even if #3 happens, I don't think it will go on forever. Just based on this server's history, someone will wind up building something.

(It just won't be me, because I detest PHP, and keep myself busy enough with wiki projects that I don't need to build an entire separate auction site.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM and admin staff members have posted in numerous threads over the years that they regard item linking as of critical importance in reducing scamming and hence keeping their own workload down. Unless they have a change of heart it'll remain in place. While not a 100% certainty, this is a case where it's best to assume it'll be on "green" until proven otherwise.

Danth
Old 09-27-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM and admin staff members have posted in numerous threads over the years that they regard item linking as of critical importance in reducing scamming and hence keeping their own workload down. Unless they have a change of heart it'll remain in place. While not a 100% certainty, this is a case where it's best to assume it'll be on "green" until proven otherwise.

Danth
Good to know, thanks.
Closed Thread