Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe you can mine some Litecoin for minor profit but it'll teach you a lot of things about cryptos which may be infinitely more valuable than the few bucks of profit you might squeeze out at the end of the month after paying the electricity bill.

Forget about Bitcoin and Ethereum mining though, that GPU is outdated by several orders of magnitude.

If you are willing to fork over some cash, Nvidia GTX 1070 is my personal preference most of the time - I recommend the WF OC 8Gb version from Gigabyte.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you can mine some Litecoin for minor profit but it'll teach you a lot of things about cryptos which may be infinitely more valuable than the few bucks of profit you might squeeze out at the end of the month after paying the electricity bill.

Forget about Bitcoin and Ethereum mining though, that GPU is outdated by several orders of magnitude.

If you are willing to fork over some cash, Nvidia GTX 1070 is my personal preference most of the time - I recommend the WF OC 8Gb version from Gigabyte.
Interesting. I also have a 1050Ti OC 4gb in my main computer. Does the CPU and Ram have any effect on the mining capability? I'm asking cause I have some old mobo's with old cpu's and ram(like amd athlon 2 dual cores and ddr 2 4 gig ram type shit) that I could throw together in a milk crate for some mining.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

If you are using your GPU to mine, computer CPU and RAM have minimal to no importance. Old mobos with junk CPUs work fine.

If you are mining a coin which can't be mined (or not efficiently) with GPUs and therefore using your CPU, then the CPU, and maybe RAM will matter. Example of a CPU coin (ie: there's no point using a GPU for it as it will eat more energy but won't mine any more coins) - Monero.

I'm not sure about 1050 Ti's efficiency. What matters is money made for energy spent and I recommend you research that before you start mining with it. You might not cover your energy bill with the earnings.

Starting in cryptos in 2017 isn't easy but it's an incredible world rich of stuff to discover.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Also you mentionned milk crate. Air circulation there will suck.

If you want to go the cheap way, you can buy the ALBERT Ikea shelf which is incredible value for the money and saw it in two, and screw your mobo/gpu/psu/etc to it. There, two instant rig "frames", total cost 12 euros.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Banned

If higher education has failed you guys maybe a trade school is the answer.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
smilin hard

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-18-2017, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a distinct possibility that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:06 PM
Banned

fertility fades under the warm glow of my mining "rig"
Old 09-18-2017, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

wouldnt you make more money pizza trading plat?
Old 09-18-2017, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

im currently mining 250 dollars of crypto currency a day, im about to invest some dough and increase my profits 16 fold. lots of people here do not know what they are talking about.
Closed Thread