Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Banned

Default My Theory About Why Feminism is Currently Irrelevent to Millenials

Things go top down in this country a lot. That means, elites decide how things are -- put that information on the media networks they own, and understanding flows downhill from there. At least for most people on most subjects.

Trump and Bernie Sanders are examples of bottom-up movements, where people not in elite circles make enough noise to force the elites to deal with them. This happens in this country and will more and more -- but the day to day is top-down.

Feminism is top-down. The top females in society are rich (white or white-acting) women. Rich white women have the most privileged position in society besides rich white (or white-acting) men. Men have to trade comfort for responsibility -- but nevertheless are given more power that lasts much longer into old age.

The elites wanted to put women in the workforce and create more skill labor. This started in World War II and it proved hard to put the Ginnie back in the bottle. Free market forces destroys the family dependent on the government and the social contract of high paid male labor...but the wealthy are the last to change.

Everything stayed patriarchal with the wealthy. Boys were expected to make more money than girls. The prettiest girls from good families get to marry the boys from the most promising families. The way to socially advance as a women is still through marriage and management of that marriage.

Even when women have these impressive-sounding careers...often they are simply pet projects in the eyes of their husbands. An interest like girls have at those pageants. "This one knows how to juggle and is an accountant -- check out that ass!"

So when it comes time for the Harvard feminists to write essays about the oppression of women...they are stuck in the past aren't they? They are living the past -- or the present if you are rich.

So by all means rich ladies -- please get rid of all these old perverts that keep the 1970s alive for your class. Just don't assume it works like that for younger middle and lower class people. I wouldn't dream of sexually harassing someone just because I had an important job. I would expect to be fired upon accusation to be honest.

All the important people I know from my age group are women with bum-fuck boyfriends that play video games when their at work. This whole "good ol' boys" running the top is going to die with Boomers and Gen-X. Millennials are going to be the bitch boy generation from what I can see.

Edit: It has occurred to me that rich Millenials might still find Feminism useful. In fact, that is why there is so many Sexual Harassment cases now probably (among the elite). But otherwise feminism among lower class Millenials seems to breed this kind of excuse that does more harm than good. "If I was a white man I'd..." I don't think so honey. Not unless your talking about the military special forces or something. If you didn't get into Standford its not because you weren't born a white man -- not in 2017.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 11-21-2017 at 06:21 PM..
Old 11-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2017, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that's what it looks like outside...your still going to have to get your ass to work by 9 and grapple with office politics inspired by feminism.

So you might as well confront it now while the sky is blue bro.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Haha white acting

That's me!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Also buddy let me tell you something. There's nothing wrong with marrying an accountant with ass. If y'all are in your 20s and 30s you better not put a ring on a girl who doesn't squat at the gym
Old 11-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Literally work in a office with 90% women and god forbid you correct one of those approAching her chIldless 30s with senior in her title. Micro-aggression central lol
Old 11-21-2017, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

I read all of OP! Thanks for posting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also buddy let me tell you something. There's nothing wrong with marrying an accountant with ass. If y'all are in your 20s and 30s you better not put a ring on a girl who doesn't squat at the gym
My most longstanding friend gave me the advice "marry the arse, buy the tits". Seemed horrifyingly crass to me. But I did go Greek, so I guess advice taken?
Old 11-21-2017, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Feminism = women and men should be treated equally (well, leaving aside physical differences: not even the most strident feminist would lobby for urinals in the female bathrooms). As long as any class of people (women, minorities, etc.) aren't treated equally there will be a need for social movements that promote their equality.

In other words, feminism won't be irrelevant to anyone until women and men are equal.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

This is a good point Loramin, but when the prime determiner of repression is a non gender attribute like class (or in the new world, more likely race? I hear you guys over the pond are pretty racist? Is that true, or is that just me being racist?) then I guess it is easy to miss that bigger picture perspective.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feminism = women and men should be treated equally (well, leaving aside physical differences: not even the most strident feminist would lobby for urinals in the female bathrooms). As long as any class of people (women, minorities, etc.) aren't treated equally there will be a need for social movements that promote their equality.

In other words, feminism won't be irrelevant to anyone until women and men are equal.
So basically until the world is perfect in reguard to women and men there always be a need for feminism? I don't think so. Their may always be feminism -- but there will also be a point where it literally causes more harm than good.

We are starting to get there. No one believes its ok to sexually harass women (in my generation), rape women, or pay women less for the same work. But.It.Keeps.Going.Hard.

Meanwhile -- class is derided by many of these feminists as unimportant in comparison to their own fake struggle that is barely existent by comparison.

Edit: Remember I'm talking about Millenials -- particular those that aren't working next to someone like Bill'O Reilly. There are a lot of poor 23 year old women that would have gone for that old disgusting ass...because when your not born rich you don't take opportunities like that lightly. But when you are from well off families like the girls that moron harassed... There is no appeal is there? Inc. Sexual Harassment case that only a really expensive lawyer can execute. The power struggle is about class and money...not men and women.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 11-21-2017 at 07:34 PM..
Closed Thread