Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 11:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Any chance of a non-legacy itemized style server in the future?

I could see the legacy items attracting some negative elements to the game, many of these items were nerfed for good reason. Has there been any discussion about this, and if there was a second green server created, could that be an option?
Old 10-21-2019, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

I think if you want the 1999 experience you need to see it for everything it had...whether it was good or bad!
Old 10-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Aviak

I think the biggest problem is the previously announced plan to merge Green with Blue, because it motivates some people to join Green with the intention to transfer items to Blue. Professional farming crews and the way they act are often detrimental to a community.

I doubt that there are plans for a non legacy server yet. The experiences with /list will certainly play a part in that regard.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the biggest problem is the previously announced plan to merge Green with Blue, because it motivates some people to join Green with the intention to transfer items to Blue. Professional farming crews and the way they act are often detrimental to a community.

I doubt that there are plans for a non legacy server yet. The experiences with /list will certainly play a part in that regard.
I think that people would farm manastones even if they knew the servers would never merge. The issue isn't that the servers are going to merge, the issue is that people know it's a finite, temporary drop.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:09 AM
Aviak

Yes, it will be camped 24/7. It is just a difference for the server economy if it is isolated to Green (possibly with an additional load of stones every 4 years) or if the completely unclassic Blue economy with 800k prices is waiting in the background. Somebody already wondered in another thread if the price for manastones on Blue might fall to 300k in 2023.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

If I made a custom server all of the things we love like manastones, guides, and bind items would be rarer but available so there isn't that guy wrenching need to get one while the getting is good .

I know we are all motivated by that scarcity and it's fun but it also takes the steam out of the game when those items are all done being dropped.

It's not classic it's gustoos custom server so you can all be glad I'm not calling the shots.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread