Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 01:00 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
were you guys on for the 10 yr anni GM event? there's going to be a ton of people stuck in the entry level zones, without a spawn increase it would be insane to try and get 1-10, you may have level 1's looking for a group with competition so fierce!
I think it's going to be all groups for sanity's sake.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if qhills is going to have increased spawn rate does that mean increased pyzjin and haddens? I agree newbie yards should be increased but maybe qhills doesn't need it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are conditions attached to the spawn reduction system
Old 10-16-2019, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

I was playing on green, idk if I am a fan of the increased spawn rates. I feel like it is contradictory to the enjoy the ride type feel the vibe of green server has had. Feels like this would be an exp mill even if the population was quadrupled. Qhills is a fantastically OP zone and I dont think it needs an increase at all, if anything those players need to suffer, not be rewarded.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

I quested the Jaggedpine staff in qeynos hills about 10 times on my ranger (giving out a completed staff to a low level druid/ranger before next turnin). By the time I hit level 12, I had earned enough plat to buy a full set of vendor leather at 1-2 plat per piece, a 12 plat 6/29 vendor 'longsword', and 20ish plat to spare.

It's a decent start, since I see level 15s still wearing all cloth with no visible armor slots, but hardly gamebreaking.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:11 AM
Sarnak

The Qeynos Hills mobs are a concern, for sure, but only a minor one.

The Faydwer stuff I wouldn't even worry about. Yeah, sure, there's a static scarab spawn - each bp costs 2.3 plat, and boots cost 1.7. It's not like people will be *making* money on these. You lose 4 plat just outfitting yourself, and everyone will be wearing them so it's not like there's a huge market for them.

PS - just tested the static spawn. It's on a several minute timer (6min?), not the usual 1min that everything else seems to be on.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

The decaying skeletons in NRO should be looked at (from FP ZL to the start of the sand past the Inn). The spawn rate is insane! There are players just standing in one spot killing 4-5 skellies every couple of minutes. It could really ruin the economy for bone chip selling.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:13 AM
Sarnak

I will say that I think the faster spawn timer is going to make the first few days actually playable. This will also make people feel like they are at least progressing, and maybe stay on the server. Good job Devs!

/whiteknight
Old 10-16-2019, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say that I think the faster spawn timer is going to make the first few days actually playable. This will also make people feel like they are at least progressing, and maybe stay on the server. Good job Devs!

/whiteknight
A false sense of progression they will disabused of the first zone over without the rapid rates.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Kobold

The surefall glade 'newbie yard' inside Qeynos Hills is pretty small, so the increased respawn is definitely needed there and also for the area that is next to the Qeynos zone line that is sort of an extended Qeynos newbie yard.

The rabid animal quests will definitely be a concern, but it depends on how long they keep those respawn rates for. It could only be needed in the prime times and if they can turn them on and off at will without a restart then it'll be fine IMO.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was playing on green, idk if I am a fan of the increased spawn rates. I feel like it is contradictory to the enjoy the ride type feel the vibe of green server has had. Feels like this would be an exp mill even if the population was quadrupled. Qhills is a fantastically OP zone and I dont think it needs an increase at all, if anything those players need to suffer, not be rewarded.
I think you're underestimating how crowded even just 30-40 people in each newbie yard will be, let alone 100+ like there almost certainly will be in nek and gfay. Especially in shit zones like toxx (it feels like there's like 20 total newbie mobs near erudin's gate... lol).

Without green exp bonus, a 0% exp bonus/penalty character needs about 350 level 1 mob kills or 100 level 2 mob kills just to hit level 4. A single group of 6 in a newbie yard will need to kill thousands of mobs for everyone to be fully ready to hit up stuff like blackburrow or WK or crushbone or whatever. And a lot of people are going to be intending to get to that point within 5-10 hours of launch, I imagine.

Classic respawn speeds in newbie areas aren't assisting "the journey" so much as making the first several levels an enormous nuisance in a way that nobody experienced in classic. Assuming we have more than 1000ish people online at launch, anyways.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-16-2019 at 09:50 AM..
Closed Thread