Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 09:15 PM
Aviak

Default Haven't logged in in forever, what happened to <Aftermath>?

Howdy folks. I'd not logged into the game to actually play it in like 1.5 years (tho I'd log in occasionally to say hi, see if anyone I knew was online or to just jump on my druid & buff lowbies).

With folks talking about the new green server (my curiosity to maybe reserve a name or 2 there), I logged into blue to see what was going on. Turns out I'm no longer in Aftermath & I'm not sure what happened to their forums. Did it dissolve or joined with another guild or something? It's possible I just got booted for inactivity but when I was raiding, I was one of the top rogues so I'd like to know what became of the guild.

Prior to AM, I was part of a smaller guild that later became <Super Friends>, so I'd LOVE to reconnect with that whole crew of folks. So if anyone has any info on either situation/guilds, I'd appreciate it.

Take care & have fun out there!
First Rogue on Xegony to attain Make Poison (200) & Apply Poison (200)
Old 05-08-2020, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

Most of our officers and leader went to wow classic and the strain was put on a few. Riot didn't break the guild, all our raid leaders disappearing to other games killed it. Plus rooted dragons didn't help either and a few quit over that or played way less. Then most hardcore ended up going to green. By the time everyone came back from other servers / games it was already too late, most including myself moved on to other guilds to win eq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-09-2020, 02:19 PM
Orc

Pretty much what Alli said. Many of our officers and top player base went over to WoW. Then rooted dragons happened and quite a few of our members quit over that. Then Green launched and pretty much was the final nail in the coffin. Those of us who were left tried to step up but it was really delaying the inevitable. Big and huge shout out to Monrezz, that guy grabbed the reigns and did everything he could to keep us going.
But low numbers meant less tracking and mobilization. That in turned forced us to abandon many, many raid mobs. We just didn't have the force to compete. All this lead to who stay behind either leave and join other guilds or just burn out. Towards the end, I truly feel none of us were logging on with the same enthusiasm as before and perhaps even dreaded it at times. Real shame oh who AM went out but it happened and everyone moved on.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:23 PM
Orc

FYI, a merge with AG happened so there are some AM there. But I believe a portion of that group broke off with AG and are now in a new guild called Renamed Guild. If you are interested in either joining for old times sake or just to say "hey", that's them.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:04 PM
Aviak

Ahh I see, thank you all for responding & enlightening me.

All it makes me think is "wow, I really havent logged in in forever to raid." I'd login occasionally but not see anyone I knew online so just figured no targets were in window so I'd just switch over to the Druid & buff lowbies or hand out free ports. Didn't know all this other stuff was going on. But it does make sense. I mean, even when AM was thriving it was still a select few (I'd say about 15-20) who were doing the heavy lifting for the 125'ish folks who were raiding during active windows, so it was only a matter of time before folks burned out or tried something else for a while. I'll always be grateful for everyone who stepped up. <3

Funny thing is, I think I semi-retired w/about 2000'ish DKP so that wasn't very smart LOL.

Hope everyone's having fun wherever they are & I'll be on the lookout for some old friends & guildies.

Cheers,
Faid
Old 05-20-2020, 02:53 AM
Sarnak

Riot killed them while they were barbequeing. They merged into AG and split off into Ghxst.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

Hey Faided good to see ya my friend we are now Ghxst we were renamed. our website did change and stuff I will PM you here and get with you.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 05-20-2020, 05:50 AM
Aviak

Zekay's back, W T F!!!!

Great to hear from ya bud!!!!
Closed Thread