Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-15-2024, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I almost can't even fathom how to be a shitty warrior cuz the class is so brain dead
I like to solo 51-60 untwinked on bats, show up to raids with exhausted clickies and gear worse than crusty.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-15-2024, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

you know a class is good when optimal play is using clickies to cast other classes abilities to function at a fundamental level

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yet, surprisingly, there is a big differential between a good warrior and a shitty one.

im ngl, the only difference i can think of is basically just making sure auto attack is on, and your monitor isnt off
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-15-2024, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

I agree except for war it is gear dependent. Krez flame + Nev horn = snap agro for group content /nod...just not many leveling warriors are going to have that combo.
Old 02-15-2024, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you know a class is good when optimal play is using clickies to cast other classes abilities to function at a fundamental level

im ngl, the only difference i can think of is basically just making sure auto attack is on, and your monitor isnt off
I'm a big proponent of bash being upgraded to cause aggro in a similar fashion to spell stuns. When Dragons of Norrath came out one of the devs did actually say they had intended it to, didn't realise it was broke for years cos they thought people just overlooking shields as an option through ignorance.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-15-2024, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Since we are not hearing Ranger Down as nearly as we heard at retail warriors must be doing something right.
Old 02-15-2024, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since we are not hearing Ranger Down as nearly as we heard at retail warriors must be doing something right.
The warrior probably has the least agency over how frequently they die in the whole equation.

Press defensive
Have good gear
Don't auto attack if you're really low hp?
I mean what else can you do lol
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 02-15-2024, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The warrior probably has the least agency over how frequently they die in the whole equation.

Press defensive
Have good gear
Don't auto attack if you're really low hp?
I mean what else can you do lol
Mousewheel chug worts
Old 02-17-2024, 06:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a big proponent of bash being upgraded to cause aggro in a similar fashion to spell stuns. When Dragons of Norrath came out one of the devs did actually say they had intended it to, didn't realise it was broke for years cos they thought people just overlooking shields as an option through ignorance.
That kind of shows how incompetent the devs are then, doesn't it?

It took them until Dragons of Norrath to figure that out?!
Old 02-17-2024, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Forget bash aggro. Monks have block.
Old 02-17-2024, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

It's odd that only monks received block, but also that it works against attacks from the front and back. IIRC even in WoW players can only block/parry attacks from the front but in EQ...

Quote:
Like Dodge, Block allows a character to avoid all damage from a physical attack. However, unlike other defensive skills, block can defend against attacks from behind the character.
If nothing else, war/pal/shd could have received block but with the skill requiring a shield be equipped. A secondary shield would have blocked attacks from the front and a back slot shield attacks from behind. And nothing would have been taken away from monks, since theirs would still be the better version independent of gear.