Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-23-2024, 09:47 PM
Orc

You will die more an enchanter than any other class. Takes time, skill and patience.
Old 03-05-2024, 12:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what does a pro enchanter do with pet after he kills the mob but is at low health? Do you invis, then kill the mob?
Goblin Gazuichi Ring is pretty nice for doing that. Clicky-Ring that breaks charm.
IMO, Enchanter is more about mana management than anything else.
At low levels, charm is just sadism. Animations are far better.
At high levels, charm is necessary, Animations are for fear-kiting or non-threatening mobs, OR when you want to do some really slow killing without paying much attention.

personally speaking, I think it's all a matter of playstyle at some point. Others have mentioned AoE mezz/stuns... I never use those. I prefer single targetting with root's mezz and deeds. the deeds line of speeds (haste debuff) turns the tides in 1v1 fights REALLL FAST.

There's also something to be said about the RUNE spells. They are great at stopping you from getting smacked while you're "taking 2 mobs at once from a charm break". I assume most people skip them because you need ingredients which cost money... but at what point is money worth time? This is especially true in dungeons where everything is 1 step away from aggro. You should always have a spare -flee- spot to be able to sit and regen or sit and gate

think of charming like an art instead of a science and it'll become easier.
You never empty your entire can of paint on a canvas right? You just use however much you need to paint the picture.
Personally speaking, I think 90% of most problems people have with charming come from either not having good mana management or trying to charm-kite too early.
If you're below 30, it's too early.
I can tank a raid mob as an enchanter, but why would I? Same logic with charming under 30.
Old 03-05-2024, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Caveat is that if you are grouping, you shoulder consider yourself a dps class and always charm a pet. Your pet will do more dps than the rest of your group. Even sub 30 charm dps is worth it
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-05-2024, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Others have mentioned AoE mezz/stuns... I never use those.
oh young grasshoppa, so much to learn
Old 03-05-2024, 06:13 PM
Kobold

I still have alot to learn in the enchanter world since I've only been playing around with a bot and never built one from the group up but I'm definitely always leary of:

A) Enchanters that are willing to group at high levels (why aren't you soloing?)
B) Enchanters that don't charm pets at high levels for exp grinding
Old 03-05-2024, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Grouping is fun and a safe way to level.
Not charming,well maybe their afk too much or the group doesn't need the dps. Enchanter not a great class to be afk on
Old 03-05-2024, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

If I join a group as an enc, I fully intend to be 80% afk soaking xp while I play wow

P99 doesn't not reward grouping esp on strong solo classes
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-06-2024, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpathEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still have alot to learn in the enchanter world since I've only been playing around with a bot and never built one from the group up but I'm definitely always leary of:

A) Enchanters that are willing to group at high levels (why aren't you soloing?)
I always enjoyed grouping. Its fun to be the hero.

I'd just leave shitter groups though. I don't mind mistakes but bad attitudes / squabbling over nonsense / intentional poor play? I'd just gate out w/ a hasted pet left behind.
Last edited by Toxigen; 03-06-2024 at 09:15 AM..
Old 03-07-2024, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

in most situations on p99 i'm always good with just a root on pet breaks.

my ench is geared to be more tanky/cha heavy

not much of 55-60 group content seems to require stuns/mez on a pet break with just 1 other mob. the mob im killing is always rooted/slowed, so unless that root breaks when my pet does, then i just root my pet near the killing mob and re-charm it

i look at peridots as just a cost of business and recast rune if i take more than 1 damage. so my rune is always at full.

trust in your dex, and above all trust in P99's broken and OP channeling mechanics
Old 03-07-2024, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in most situations on p99 i'm always good with just a root on pet breaks.

my ench is geared to be more tanky/cha heavy

not much of 55-60 group content seems to require stuns/mez on a pet break with just 1 other mob. the mob im killing is always rooted/slowed, so unless that root breaks when my pet does, then i just root my pet near the killing mob and re-charm it

i look at peridots as just a cost of business and recast rune if i take more than 1 damage. so my rune is always at full.

trust in your dex, and above all trust in P99's broken and OP channeling mechanics
Rooting the other mob is helpful,until your dealing with mobs that summon then it's pretty ineffective.
If your lucky,your pet doesn't summon and breaks aren't that bad.
I've found the most effective way is it stand right behind my pet this often puts you close enough that your not guaranteed to be summoned.
So unless your stun resists usually a stun into a boltrans is effective enough.
If I had enough time to memblur the mob after slow landed the pet is usually able to pick it up before another summon round fires.