Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 07-14-2022, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The downside to being one of the important but more active classes like tank or puller. Everyone else just gets to leech off you (I'll give the healer a pass since they're important). I honestly don't like grouping on my Monk for this reason. I spend hours pulling nonstop while other people sit watching Netflix and if I'm a bit slower than they like they get attitude.

Monk pulling meta doesnt even make sense on P99 because people get annoyed if you try to use FD to split mobs because it slows things down. They're just like "bring them all we'll CC"...but then why does the Monk always have to pull?
Doesn’t bother me. I like pulling.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-15-2022, 12:50 AM
Orc

I met a super cool enchanter in KC the other day who was great at both pulling and cc :3 I also have had the opportunity to duo with a chanty and also a mage both of whom were also fantastic c:
Old 07-15-2022, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

I mostly leveled my Necro 50-60 in KC basement, duoing with random people. It was just so much fun. Get a lvl 50 soldier, use Tome of the Eternals, Staff of Undead legions, Tola Robe, and usual resist gear on pet. Keep manaskin up. just coast thru the turkey loop using rest the dead for easy singles.

Eery time you get back in the loop to where your pet was from, FD it, or another easy way to heal is is to root it and spam Rest the Dead til it blurs (yes, rest the dead and ST both blur)

Keep it hasted too. because, crucially, you aren't using Manaskin to ST. Youre using it t FD and immediatey stand and ST or recharm. (it'll go onto your partner)

Incredibly safe. All I did was Lull, root, send pet, click Soul Well over and over.

Been a long time since Monk was best puller for exp groups. Lets take KC Bodyguards. No question here, Bard/Necro/Sk/Enc/Cleric/Druid/Ranger/Paladin all better.

Seb King? I'd put monks tied at passable, but certainly nothing special. Necro, Enchanter, SK can all pull it easier. But yeah, without a doubt, Necro/SK are the best at pulling King. Enc takes a bit more waiting around.

I actually think the best way to camp King now is the way we did it on live. In the room with the platform. Only kill PH and log out. Get adds to be either Priest or Warrior. Rapture an add to get king down, Dictate or mez the other, burn the ph, log out.

This is best for those who have spent a lot of time at King though. People who know the roam paths, know that only one comes to a certain spot, and don't want to farm Shrooms, just kill he PH.
Old 07-15-2022, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Got a cobalt bracer off a shroom at King a bit ago tho.

Wurf
Old 07-15-2022, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're just like "bring them all we'll CC"...but then why does the Monk always have to pull?
Monk can still flop if he gets too many or if pathing glitches out.
Old 07-15-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is actually a good point. Sometimes when pulling knights/protectors in KC their pathing can get a bit silly.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-16-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but that’s my point. In most dungeons it doesn’t matter because the group doesn’t care if you even bring like 8 mobs or whatever. They want as many as you can bring at once and they will mez and root them in camp that way other groups can’t contest them.

The only place where I think a monk is really helpful for pulling these days is velks
Old 07-16-2022, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Sure, the utility of such safety features depends on where you're at, that's a given. As you say, there are a lot of situations where anyone could pull. There's probably an element of community inertia at work too, but in this case that's probably alright. Someone's got to pull so why not leave it to the guy who picked a character that effectively advertises he likes that job? It's nice to spread stuff around rather than dump it all on one or two people while everyone else is sits around efficiently bored.

Danth
Old 07-20-2022, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Sure, the utility of such safety features depends on where you're at, that's a given. As you say, there are a lot of situations where anyone could pull. There's probably an element of community inertia at work too, but in this case that's probably alright. Someone's got to pull so why not leave it to the guy who picked a character that effectively advertises he likes that job? It's nice to spread stuff around rather than dump it all on one or two people while everyone else is sits around efficiently bored.

Danth
Pulling on wizard is the most fun. Eye of zom + epic rune and root bahahaha....only killed my groups 1/3rd of the time so better than usual /nod