Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-09-2022, 03:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default making characters look more unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... really, really hate that it isn't a thing is iksar illusion giving HP regen. It's dumb that only troll illusion gives the HP regen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosegg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buggy bugs are askin' for a squish
To add on to the subject of visual improvements/fixes:
Fashion Quest is real.
For a long time now I've wondered why many of these super high level items, unique ones especially, look so bad. It often seemed to me that no one bothered with the "simple job" of updating things still using the original beta model and/or textures, thus giving a unique item a unique look, or at least making things look a bit nicer if you had to raid to get it for example, versus walking up to a vendor and paying 10 plat. or whatever...
these things (i'm imagining shields in particular, but other items too), I realize, are considered a "classic" thing/issue but I would consider improving the choice of your characters' looks to be a major Quality Of Life improvement...
right along side additional face options etc.

I respect the desire to "keep it classic", and "follow the timeline schedule", but...
is there room for some kind of compromise in between?
Last edited by chaosegg; 08-09-2022 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: FashionQuest is real.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

The thing is, it was not just a "no one bothered" issue, it was a technical one.

EQ was made over 20 years ago when computers were far less powerful. Since a typical computer back then could only load up X megabytess of memory at a time, EQ was designed to never use more than X megabytes (I don't know what the exact number of X is, but it's not important.

Because of that limit, fashion had to be limited, because every item could be worn in every zone ... and thus had to constantly take up memory. If they added a look for X shirt or Y pants, every person playing EQ had to always use up memory for X or Y, in case they saw someone wearing that shirt/pants.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2022 at 03:49 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosegg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It often seemed to me that no one bothered with the "simple job" of updating things still using the original beta model and/or textures
This was done with a lot of the weapon models, but it was done during either Luclin or Planes of Power era, hence after P1999's timeline. For P1999, they had to go back in and disable those graphic upgrades.

Danth
Old 08-09-2022, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

OK this game is pretty much perpetual night time -_-
Old 08-10-2022, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Stuff Id do on my own custom server for a new launch:

remove xp pen for hybrids
make taunt better/always work
give human monk the same regen rate as iksar monk
swap plate armor on the bard to Cloth(bard having plate is so fucking dumb)
nerf shaman from chain to leather(shaman in chain is also stupid)
give Wizard Clarity, Calm and Fear line of spells

also reinstate no-limit pbaoe, TL box for wiz, root nets back to snuff, stuff like removes unclassic stuff
Old 08-10-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stuff Id do on my own custom server for a new launch:

remove xp pen for hybrids
make taunt better/always work
give human monk the same regen rate as iksar monk
swap plate armor on the bard to Cloth(bard having plate is so fucking dumb)
nerf shaman from chain to leather(shaman in chain is also stupid)
give Wizard Clarity, Calm and Fear line of spells

also reinstate no-limit pbaoe, TL box for wiz, root nets back to snuff, stuff like removes unclassic stuff
yea all of this (i like shaman chain though but that'd be a good nerf probably)
Old 08-10-2022, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

On that same theme of tweeks, Id like to see kngihts get a skill at like level 36 that allows them to use a shield with a 2h weapon.

Every class should have a game changing event like losing the med button at 36!

Regen skill for monks that does not stack with iksar scales. Scale skin! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2022, 05:32 AM
Fire Giant

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
keyring
This. Keyring doesn't make things less challenging; just balanced. Imagine a newb that died in Befallen and doesn't have the key, playing in offpeak time. Even if on Red server, where the GMs have abandoned that server and no one plays but {whoever is locked out on a corpse run}.

Let's say Tower of Frozen Shadow. The rewards aren't THAT great compared to other zone rewards - I'd say almost equal. Therefore, corpse runs with poofed keys for *every* floor doesn't make sense for balance anyway. If the items dropped were 2x more powerful, and the exp was doubled, sure - but it's not. Heck, it's not even a top exp zone. Such a *potentially* fun zone destroyed and abandoned due to the lack of keyrings. The same could be said with {literally any zone using keys}.
Old 08-11-2022, 05:36 AM
Fire Giant

To be greedy, I'd also like to see a "partial" Luclin --
* No Nexus (or have it with massive cooldowns to make it at least eventful based on "luck", perhaps).
* No bazaar (for critical npcs, just move it elsewhere)
* ...err, that's it? Luclin was actually really fun - imo it was mostly Bazaar that killed buzz.

Edit: Oops, thought this was an edit - mb
Old 08-11-2022, 08:29 AM
Planar Protector

Many people don't understand the word "one".