Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-09-2022, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still voting for bronze armor, screaming mace. Handcrafted kite shield. Player made bow. And belt pouches full of bandages.
Marry me in eq and retire to run a tannery with me in West Karana.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-09-2022, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Marry me in eq and retire to run a tannery with me in West Karana.
Done ✔ ! Haha.

Got to pump my raider.io and ilvl tho for s1 DF !
Old 08-09-2022, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gear doesn't matter at all, you are right. It was done in Kunark gear. Sorry you weren't there, enjoy the welfare pixels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmfrRVoXOp4

You little troll, survive that with kunark gear! Also please don't make fun of me trying to get the dragon in the right spot! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand what you're saying: competitive raiding is a fun thing on its own. I'm in Kingdom on Green, and when we beat Seal Team to something it's definitely a rush.

And again, I think people should play whatever game is fun for them, so even if I didn't like competitive raidng, I wouldn't fault you for it!

It's just that ... just because people don't want to play that made-up game, of competitive P99 raiding, I don't think they shouldn't be faulted for still wanting to play the (classic) game of EverQuest raiding.
Yes I like the draft and I think it is awesome. The quarterly draft is perfect and it is nice for casual guilds who want to raid things. I don't agree with it needing to be more frequent then that. If casual guild want more mobs, use the free time during draft week to practice / learn the meta to earn them during the normal window weeks /nod.
Old 08-09-2022, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

The answer is simple. At the end of Green's life, make Blue the Carebear server, and the Green "Competition" and then what Green whither into Red.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You little troll, survive that with kunark gear! Also please don't make fun of me trying to get the dragon in the right spot! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes I like the draft and I think it is awesome. The quarterly draft is perfect and it is nice for casual guilds who want to raid things. I don't agree with it needing to be more frequent then that. If casual guild want more mobs, use the free time during draft week to practice / learn the meta to earn them during the normal window weeks /nod.
The meta is easy - live with your parents quit your job and be able to sock ftes for 16 hours multiple times a week.

You wouldn’t win any dragons without the people in your guild who are like that
Some guilds dont have and will never have people like that.
Old 08-10-2022, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The proposed new 6 drafts is only 2 extra per year, if that’s too much reevaluate yourself . Hope that helps.
Old 08-10-2022, 01:04 PM
Kobold

A lot of people work from home. Just gives them the advantage now. It’s not all unemployed basement dwellers who can hop at a moments notice. They grew up, molded themselves to society and found a niche in which would let them facilitate their pixel addiction. Kudos.
Old 08-10-2022, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Just wait until winter when the status quo no is no longer killing vulak and vq will want all of the above.
Old 08-10-2022, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The meta is easy - live with your parents quit your job and be able to sock ftes for 16 hours multiple times a week.

You wouldn’t win any dragons without the people in your guild who are like that
Some guilds dont have and will never have people like that.
That is a poor excuse to not even try. Lot of the so called unemployed people you keep referring to is false. Most just are smarter than you or I and make crazy money doing business things. Fur for example is almost always flying somewhere and sending photos of beautiful beaches etc...so ya don't hate just cause you failed at life and have a shit job like me lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2022, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Alli drinking the koolaid hard these days, yikes.