Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-31-2022, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

Default Let's fix all three Warrior Epic blades.

Alright, I'm just to make an attempt quid-pro-quoing the Warrior Epic situation.

It has been discussed ad nauseum over the years.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=146584
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=120110

Red Blade should proc fire(0) 100 DD & -40 ATK & -11 AC debuff for 2 minutes.

Two Hander should proc fire(0) 175 DD & -12 AC debuff for 3 minutes.

No weapons with raw Hate procs existed until Luclin. I had epic on Live and remember both the ATK and AC debuffs being pretty substantial, ATK in particular. They did land on the majority of raid bosses. Anyone who played a PvP server no doubt distinctly remembers this debuff.

And yes, Blue Blade has been broken on p99 for a long time. While the worn effect is correct - 40 dex, 30 atk, 12 ac - it also has an additional +30 attack on it, giving 60 atk total.

Here's an album detailing the Blue bug.

I've merely linked two threads containing mountains of evidence, there's probably another half dozen more. So I'm offering an exchange.

Fix all 3 of them. (testing on live showed that Red did indeed aggro a slight bit more aggro post-change, but not much. The 100dd+debuffs should result in about 500-550 aggro.)

This would make Warrior epic into the uniquely powerful weapon tool it was on live.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:02 PM
Orc

Here's a link to an archive of spell data files.
Epics were released with the Sep. 19, 2000 patch.
Rage of Vallon effect on 9-20-2000
The next available spdat in the archive shows the same effect as on p99 currently.
Rage of Vallon effect on 11-16-2000
"Lowers you on the target's hate list by" is poorly worded in the EqCaster program. The modifier is +500. Concussion's effect is listed as -400 for comparison.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:07 PM
Project Manager

I looked into this a bit, and everything I have found agrees with those finds ^.

It seems they were released with AC debuff procs, but within 2 months, had changed to hate modifiers.

However...

I see Blade of Tactics has an additional 30 attack it shouldn't have, and an extra 20hp.

Blade of Strategy has 20 extra hp it shouldn't have.

Jagged Blade of War has 40 extra hp it shouldn't have.

I've been doing research off and on since the bug report but those are findings so far.
Old 06-02-2022, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivouac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a link to an archive of spell data files.
Epics were released with the Sep. 19, 2000 patch.
Rage of Vallon effect on 9-20-2000
The next available spdat in the archive shows the same effect as on p99 currently.
Rage of Vallon effect on 11-16-2000
"Lowers you on the target's hate list by" is poorly worded in the EqCaster program. The modifier is +500. Concussion's effect is listed as -400 for comparison.
My understanding is that this was addressed in previous threads. Though the spdat changed, spell parsers (especially Allakhazams were notoriously bad.

I remember (yeah, yeah) that landing Red blade debuff on Tunare were thought of as so important that we began the fight with all warriors using it until it landed. This was much longer than 2 months post-Velious.

Yes, we all know the tale of how Furor got his own epic nerfed. But if it really were changed that early, why are there SO many posts still mentioning the debuffs straight up until Luclin?

In a game where we have items that are just flat out undeniably nonexistant until Luclin (hi Fist of Nature), the spdat rabbit hole is quite the wild ride to go down, especially as we came to learn how awful some parsers were. Dald often pointed this out. Hell, the Allakhazam spdat parser still shows Earthcaller as 70% Slow to this very day.

Cucumber's sums up my personal opinion and recollection of events well,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cucumbers
Did verant really change this super early (about 3mo after velious)? And we simply didn't see any other raw hate procs until nearly a year later? What in the shit? Can this simply be "wrong"? Perhaps wishful thinking on VI's part? "We want to eventually do this but for now we will leave it"?
Why do we have dozens upon dozens of posts referencing the debuff months after the supposed change, so few acknowledging it, zero proof of things like FoN pe-Velious, zero proof of things like mob leashing, being able to channel through a dozen mobs hitting you (this one is still just straight up comical to me and anyone else who played EQMac. Talk about whiplash.), charm in general, NPC's not properly equipping their drop weapons, etc.

Yeah I get it, those are just whataboutisms. But one thing does worry me...

The Monk Sneak Blur situation. Where when Sneak Blurring was fixed, classic Sneak Pulling & Necro FD+CoS stand was also removed because... reasons? Both provably classic, thrown out with the bathwater.

I'll keep looking into it though. Thanks 'bog.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Orc

Someone in the forum thread eisley linked remembered the HP upgrade happening during Velious.
Screenshots of all three weapons with upgraded HP were uploaded to Alla on Apr. 5, 2001.