Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 08-05-2022, 11:07 AM
Orc

Default 2h vs. 1h proc rate

I remember a while back reading someone explain the proc rate updates that happened in the last 3-4 years.

The gist of it was: Average of 2 procs/min with max dex in the primary, and 1/min in secondary. 2handers average 3 procs/min since they take up both slots.

Even though I am 99.999999999% sure I saw a GM describe it in this way, I'm unable to find it in the patch notes and having trouble searching the many many years of posts on this topic. Me and many other players have been taking this as gospel for several years now.

Anyone have any information/links on 2h proc rates and whether they proc at a rate of 3/min with max dex? I remember it being explained in the context of the new patch somewhere but it might have been on Discord.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

I am not an expert on this by any means. If you look at the wiki page:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Weapon_Procs

You will see that slower weapons proc more due to how the calculation shakes out. Having a slow weapon without haste will increase your proc rates.

There isn't any specific difference in 1h weapons vs. 2h weapons in terms of proc rates other than 2h weapons on average have higher delays (i.e. it is a slower weapon).
Old 08-05-2022, 12:19 PM
Orc

I know about that page, but I’m referring to a specific comment from the dev/gm team about how the proc rate is different on 2H. I am 99.99999% sure that I saw this because I have been referencing it for years but I think it was explained in Discord somewhere and is likely deeply buried.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofuswiftclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know about that page, but I’m referring to a specific comment from the dev/gm team about how the proc rate is different on 2H. I am 99.99999% sure that I saw this because I have been referencing it for years but I think it was explained in Discord somewhere and is likely deeply buried.
He was probably just talking about what I said, which was 2H generally proc more often due to their slower speeds.

I would love to see the specific quote you are referring to. But even so, not all GMs/Devs are experts on the code (or specifically the combat code) as far as I am aware, so they could have been mistaken, even if they did say it.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Orc

IIRC it’s that the 2H wep occupies both the primary and offhand slots and so both proc chances are being considered in the 2H proc rate.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khofuswiftclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC it’s that the 2H wep occupies both the primary and offhand slots and so both proc chances are being considered in the 2H proc rate.
Personally I have never heard of anything like that. I don't think it would make a difference. The game knows how to properly differentiate between 1H and 2H. That is why you don't see dual wield occur on a 2H weapon.

So even if they did the coding approach of assigning the weapon to both slots to prevent people from equipping an offhand item, they still coded it in a way where they know the duplicate isn't an actual item, it's just a placeholder.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:55 PM
Orc

I hear that you have a lot of opinions, but I’m asking for anyone with knowledge of why so many people have told me that 2H procs more (and my anecdotal experience confirms this).

I just know people have been telling me for years that 2H procs 3/min with max dex while 1h procs 2/min in mainhand and 1/min in offhand. It’s hard to trace the origins since it’s been so commonly accepted by some folks, I assume due to testing that 2H procs about 1.5x as often as a primary 1h and that offhand procs 50% as often as primary 1h.
Old 08-05-2022, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Run the numbers your self if you don’t trust the words of others or the links they provide. It wouldn’t be difficult.

Please share your results.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-05-2022, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I hear that you have a lot of opinions, but I’m asking for anyone with knowledge of why so many people have told me that 2H procs more (and my anecdotal experience confirms this).

I just know people have been telling me for years that 2H procs 3/min with max dex while 1h procs 2/min in mainhand and 1/min in offhand. It’s hard to trace the origins since it’s been so commonly accepted by some folks, I assume due to testing that 2H procs about 1.5x as often as a primary 1h and that offhand procs 50% as often as primary 1h.
You have been hearing a lot of opinions I am sure. But how you are rating which ones are more/less credible is a mystery. I am not sure why you think why these other people's opinions are more credible.

As JimJam said, you can run the numbers yourself. But remember that 2H will proc more naturally due to their slower speeds. You will want to test a 1H and 2H weapon with the same delay to rule out this possibility.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Cat_o%27_Nine_Tails and https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain_Velium_Great_Staff would be cheap weapons you could test with, and they proc at pretty low levels. I think the Great Staff procs at level 1, and the whip procs at 20. It is surprisingly difficult to find cheap 1h and 2h weapons with the same delay.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-05-2022 at 01:34 PM..
Old 08-05-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

2 handers proc 2x a minute at max dex.

Max dex and 2 proccing 1handers will net you 3 per minute (2 primary 1 secondary)
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2