Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there are more than 1500 players online at one time, that is a true downside!
Nice thing about EQ is if you try hard enough you can always find a place to exp that isnt crowded. There are some very out of the way areas I know of.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice thing about EQ is if you try hard enough you can always find a place to exp that isnt crowded. There are some very out of the way areas I know of.
I know. But, first, the chances of no one else knowing about those locations is pretty slim.

Secondly, there aren't many of those locations on the original three continents.

Well, Odus isn't even really a continent as it has like three zones so we really only have two continents.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Aviak

All in on Green. I'm at the point where I feel done with all of my characters on Blue and get bored when I log in. I don't want to raid anymore.

I have different goals for green. Much of my time on blue was spent power gaming and blasting through the lowbie content. I'm ready to switch it up and enjoy the pain and suffering of those low levels. I want to be excited to loot magic boots so I can kick wisps. I want the sense of accomplishment of finishing my class armor set after (literally) running all around Norrath. I despise tunnelquest and it's boring af when you have the same gear 1-55 with nothing to look forward to.

I've been restless at the destination for too long and it's time for a new journey.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

It's an MMORPG. Having everything is boring. Trying new stuff and the power creep as you level up and seeing a bunch of different areas at different levels with different people is what it's all about, even from the perspective of a powery-gamer anti-social sort of fella like me.

AKA if I play p99 again, of fucking course it'll be on whatever the newest server is. I guess if you play little enough that you never feel like you've gotten to the point where you've seen it all and done it all, then staying on blue doesn't make NO sense. But starting fresh with everyone else and moving forwards at a respectable pace instead of playing on a server where the current climate was created as a result of a decade of exploits, bugs, cheaters, and powergaming and there is (nearly) no future changes from where the server is right now? Err... whatever floats your boat!
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-11-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Old 10-11-2019, 11:25 AM
Kobold

the worst thing that can happen to a MMO is a power creeped top heavy server like blue, blue has basically turned into a custom server with its inflation and doesnt even feel like classic eq anymore so it will be a easy switch to green
Old 10-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Orc

Same here, my rogue is only level 52 and i havent even raided on blue yet so i have no plans of playing on green but i can see why alot of people will because of already hitting level 60 with multiple characters and raiding most the big mobs, i dont think you have to worry to much about blue population going really far down (yes it will go down of course), most the casuals and people who have just started but havent gotten a 60 yet on blue will probably stick around once that new server smell wears off.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the worst thing that can happen to a MMO is a power creeped top heavy server like blue, blue has basically turned into a custom server with its inflation and doesnt even feel like classic eq anymore so it will be a easy switch to green
THIS ^
and
Starting fresh on an even playing field with all other players is also a huge factor in why I'll be playing green.
It's like a ladder reset on D2. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

I'm enjoying reading the large amount of commentary of "I did the power game push now I'm ready to be laid-back!" That's how I felt when I *started* on Blue. Welcome to the club, folks.

Danth
Old 10-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

"Hail, a lion."

"Hello Mr lion, how are you today?"
Closed Thread