Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerfu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So essentially what we're saying is first character at a camp, or whatever list is made holds the camp AFK or not, responsive or not?

Edit: Yes most of us are aware the language barrier is real.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 02-10-2018, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, lets say you are "camping" the spawn (aka sitting in the general vicinity of the spawn location) and I stroll up and try to talk to you. You ignore me (presumably because you are afk getting food or something)... is it the camp holders responsibility to make others aware they are camping it?
No. The camp holder does not have to talk to you, or anyone. Let's be clear about that. Keeping a camp list is a courtesy, not a requirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMindAmok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time goes by. I try to engage you for the next 2 hours with no response. I now assume you are not even playing the game. The spawn pops and you don't move right away (presumably knowing full well that I am there for said camp) and I take the mob. Am I at fault for "camp stealing"?
If you engaged, killed, and looted the item right away, then yes, because you didn't allow the camp holder to engage their own spawn even if they were present. Give them a minute or two. If I were in this situation, I would just send the camp holder a tell saying, "Hey, I'm going to kill this thing if it spawns, but I'll hold the corpse for you in case you come back before it rots." I have actually done this at Stormfeather, because some other shitheel was poised and ready to steal the spawn because he was angry that the camp holder was AFK. Sure enough, the camp holder came back about a minute after Stormfeather spawned, and I gave them the loot, and then the camp was mine and I got the next one. Let's apply the golden rule here, folks. What kind of server do you want to play on? Do you really want to be required to sit at the screen for 70-80 hours for fucking Stormfeather? Let's create the server that makes us all a little less insane, not more.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-10-2018 at 04:47 PM..
Old 02-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Kobold

Just trying to get a picture of said camp. Camping sucks. I get it. So, as long as I give a couple minutes, have logged my attempts to get their attention, and likely recorded the whole thing I would be good. Im not trying to find a way to steal a camp. Im just curious.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't go so far as to say run fraps, but run logs and take some screenshots if you end up in that predicament, be honest, and don't be a dick. Your questions were clarifying; I'm actually responding to the OP.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Orc

I mean I posed the question mainly because I'm an officer in DB which is a giant leveling guild as you guys know.

So for the guys in my guild first time playing EQ, we just operate on: If someone is at the spawn AFK or not, just leave it alone?

Edit: And how do you get on the list for such a camp if the guy there is sleeping?
Old 02-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

You're certainly welcome to wait around and see if they actually engage it, which in some cases could be expedient - if there isn't a camp list, you can ask them to start one, and if they aren't keeping one then you can make yourself next in line. In the case of Stormfeather, doing this is almost a requirement considering how the spawn mechanics work - you need to record a time of death in order to track each spawn window, which is why people opt to AFK at this spawn. The only time you actually need to be present at Stormfeather is during its 2-hour spawn window, which can be tracked if you know its previous time of death.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 02-10-2018 at 05:21 PM..
Old 02-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Server GM

Players will usually put the list in their AFK message as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

This guy sounds like this enchanter RockG that pestered me two nights in a row when I was camping A Frenzied Velium Broodling. Both times he showed u between spawns and asked me if I was camping said mob. I came back to my monitor before mob spawns to him telling me in broken English that I was AFK and had lost camp qualification. I politely told him to fuck off. He then tried KSing Frenzied when she spawned but failed miserably.

Eventually Llandris showed up and banished him from zone. One spawn cycle later he came back to my camp...
Old 02-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy sounds like this enchanter RockG that pestered me two nights in a row when I was camping A Frenzied Velium Broodling. Both times he showed u between spawns and asked me if I was camping said mob. I came back to my monitor before mob spawns to him telling me in broken English that I was AFK and had lost camp qualification. I politely told him to fuck off. He then tried KSing Frenzied when she spawned but failed miserably.

Eventually Llandris showed up and banished him from zone. One spawn cycle later he came back to my camp...
RockG does that to me all the time, guy needs a restraining order from velks
Old 02-10-2018, 05:31 PM
Orc

In response to the OP's name. There you go.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread