Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

I absolutely love playing a Druid. You start out tank/nuking mobs and then as you get higher in levels you can root/rot, kite, quad-kite or charm an animal for some pet tanking. Plus getting sow and ports is a huge advantage. You are even popular for grouping but usually because the group needs a healer and no cleric is around.

All that said, Bards are the kings of soloing IMO. I have recently duoed with Bards in LoiO and my exp bar has never moved so fast. I dinged 24, 25 and 26 in one day. I used to think Druids quad kiting was impressive (killing 4 mobs at once rocks!). Then I watched these bards kill 20 mobs at the same time with their swarm kiting or whatever they call it. 20 fricken mobs go down in 10 minutes time and then they go grab another 20 mobs and do it again. Of course any lag spikes = dead bard but still the reward is well worth the risk.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 03-21-2018, 07:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All that said, Bards are the kings of soloing IMO.
Bards are the king of AOE swarm kiting in certain areas, not soloing. That title would go to Enchanter. They can go almost anywhere and solo almost anything that is soloable. Is their EXP/hr as high as a bard? No, but they are generally more desirable and can solo almost anywhere, with arguably the second highest possible exp rate in the game.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

Definitely necromancer.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Solo lazy/easy mode- either of the quadding classes (wizard or druid). Druid in particular. Ensnare 4 mobs, run them around until they are together, nuke them down, then sit for 10 minutes while you med up to full. Can't possibly be easier way to make decent exp. You can always spice it up a bit with charming, duoing etc. but really ensnare is so OP (35 mana, lasts like 10 minutes) makes quadding a joke.

Group lazy/easy mode- hard to beat a mage. DS tank then /pet attack and toss an occasional nuke and/or click burnt wood staff will make you out dps almost anyone else (other than charms). You're not responsible for CC, pulling, heals, roots, snares, etc. and still very valuable for group dps.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards are the king of AOE swarm kiting in certain areas, not soloing. That title would go to Enchanter. They can go almost anywhere and solo almost anything that is soloable. Is their EXP/hr as high as a bard? No, but they are generally more desirable and can solo almost anywhere, with arguably the second highest possible exp rate in the game.
Bard xp/hr solo rate not swarming is top notch after your very first charm song. Finding the ideal location can always be a challenge and there certainly are fewer options than enchanter.

But yeah I spent most of my upper 50s soloing (lack of group). Solo xp was insane compared to partial or full groups in the best locations. I could drop 10 lv 45+ mobs per 14 minutes and get 100% xp with charm + chant dots.

Bard solo xp potential I'd argue is far greater than any other class .. the only draw back compared to ench is the lack of places you can do it.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 03-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

If you are quading something like 4s in WL the spawn time is equal regardless of class. This mostly applies to upper 50s because the number of places to exp that way is pretty limited.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard solo xp potential I'd argue is far greater than any other class .. the only draw back compared to ench is the lack of places you can do it.
While I'm not claiming this is false, I've never seen it. It definitely is possible but the number of bards I've seen solo charm well is somewhere between 0 and 3.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haghar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I'm not claiming this is false, I've never seen it. It definitely is possible but the number of bards I've seen solo charm well is somewhere between 0 and 3.
That may be because the musty rooms in KC and the depths of Old Sebilis are not ideal for a solo bard charm, although there are a few spots in those dungeons where it can work pretty well.

But better spots exist in outdoor zones, and if you haven't seen a bard doing that well, you must not be frequenting those spots.

In addition to doing it myself, I've seen several other bards doing it well. It's quite doable, and as Troxx mentions, very fast experience.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I’ve only been impressed by a few select bards in my time here on p99. It’s a busy class and unfortunately many will not explore the capabilities of the class beyond aoe swarm dotting and/or lazily twisting songs while autoattacking for pitiful dps.

Two mobs doubling each other for 130-150s along with 35-45 sustained dps from your own dots makes for some wickedly fast killing.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread