Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server needs more wizards who don't use their best ability (bind sight) and eye's to pull for groups and CC, and appropriate stuns etc.

Definitely spend your entire time medding then throwing out a nuke for a grand total of around 1 dps at most during a group.
It is frustrating because that's what I often see. On Red I had the opportunity to see a different concentration of classes. There, there are a lot of wizards, and with the group exp bonus you end up having a lot of them in groups.

A good wizard in a dungeon group is amazing. Will your sustained DPS be super high? No. But an intelligent wizard using roots, stuns, and huge nukes when appropriate (along with Evac if shit goes south) can often make the difference between deaths or not. The problem is too many wizards don't think like this and they often start fights with 20% mana vice 80%. Sitting at low mana doesn't increase your regen so I don't get why they do it.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah for sure, I actually love the sound of having a 60 Druid. They seem like a lot of fun. I made the wizard so I can be lazy actually lol. Nukes and ports. No buffing or no pulling (in some situations). Even with ports, I can be lazy and TL people to most places, cept Velious. Wizard = my lazy class.

I main a raid warrior and alt is a bard...so those are my active classes. The times I feel like not doing much, I play the wizard or cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Banned

Shoot me a message in game and I'll come PL you for a couple of hours on my Bard

Usually on Wutaang or Ayliket or Myrdrraal these days. Might catch me on Tekilya but doubtful.

But yes - Necromancer is probably what you are looking for. Its a nice class because you have lots of options. Also nice because you can charm and/or root rot your way through the sh!t levels of 55-60
Old 03-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Banned

Got little baby Iyrulan up to lvl 5, just hanging out in nek on R99. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So I think I've settled on her, xp is quick, I just run around and kill bears with lvl 4 pet now.

Sense heading is 150 !!! <--- that seemed kind of quick lol.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:57 AM
Banned

Oh, thought you wanted to play Blue99 and not AIDS99 - gross
Old 03-06-2018, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, thought you wanted to play Blue99 and not AIDS99 - gross
AWwwwww! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] AIDS99 is worthy of love. And yes, I want to play on AIDS99
Last edited by Irulan; 03-06-2018 at 11:46 AM..
Old 03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Kobold

One thing about necro is they aren't the laziest to level (they can be if you want to just do a couple of mobs and FD and afk) but I literally leveled my necro on red to 54 in his newb robe and a blackened iron medallion (put all my money into a cos) and I did fairly well. I spent a lot of time medding but there wasn't anything that I couldn't do on that char that I can do on my geared 54 necro on blue, I just do those things a lot more slowly on my unearned necro
Old 03-06-2018, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing about necro is they aren't the laziest to level (they can be if you want to just do a couple of mobs and FD and afk) but I literally leveled my necro on red to 54 in his newb robe and a blackened iron medallion (put all my money into a cos) and I did fairly well. I spent a lot of time medding but there wasn't anything that I couldn't do on that char that I can do on my geared 54 necro on blue, I just do those things a lot more slowly on my unearned necro
Yeah, just because they can do a lot doesn't mean they can't be lazy too. I'd say playing a necro well takes some skill and attention.

Everyone's pretty right about wizards and druids, it does take some attention to root rot though!
Old 03-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Large Rat

Have you made your way into <Sanctuary> yet? I run druid PLs for for under 40 and bard swarms for 40+ hit me up sometime Strums / Xibat.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Banned

Cool thanks Mythical!
Closed Thread