Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Default Comparing level 45 from Oct 2012 to level 45 from today

On October 3 and 4 of 2012, my enchanter Tecmos went from 45 to 46 in LOIO killing 124 bloodgill goblins and 1 bloodgill maurader. During this time there was no server XP bonus (to my knowledge), but Tecmos WAS suffering from the 10% experience penalty all int casters had back then.

On July 2, 3, and 4 of 2016, my enchanter Noman went from 45 to 46 in LOIO killing 113 bloodgill goblins. During this time, there was a 25% XP bonus, and Noman was NOT suffering from the 10% experience penalty. Assuming that over the course of 100+ bloodgill goblin spawns, the average level of goblin Tecmos and Noman killed were VERY CLOSE... Noman should only have needed to kill ~91 goblins to get all the way through 45.

I could buy it if it took him 95 or even 100. But 113? Something changed or something is wrong with either the zone or the mobs or the experience formula.

PS - If I break charm and then kill my former pet first, then the other mob... is that going to give different XP than breaking charm and killing the other mob first, then my former pet?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-04-2016 at 10:01 PM..
Old 07-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfftuneRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue99 problems.
I tried red. I streamed myself soloing in HS. No one came to PVP, and this was when there were 250+ online.

Is asking for PVP and not getting any a red99 problem?

And related on both lines of thought, I think I did 45 on bloodgills on red also. Looking for those logs. Shit. I duod some with Alawen's cleric in LOIO, and I don't feel like sorting that shit out.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-04-2016 at 10:05 PM..
Old 07-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfftuneRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one plays on red99.
ftfy
Old 07-04-2016, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
No one plays on red99.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Probably based off of the goblin levels. Maybe you killed more greens than expected. Also did you die at all?
Old 07-05-2016, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Who stole my tin foil hat?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-05-2016, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS - If I break charm and then kill my former pet first, then the other mob... is that going to give different XP than breaking charm and killing the other mob first, then my former pet?
It shouldn't.

That is weird though.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 07-05-2016, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

Did you perhaps die more?
Old 07-05-2016, 03:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried red. I streamed myself soloing in HS. No one came to PVP, and this was when there were 250+ online.

Is asking for PVP and not getting any a red99 problem?

And related on both lines of thought, I think I did 45 on bloodgills on red also. Looking for those logs. Shit. I duod some with Alawen's cleric in LOIO, and I don't feel like sorting that shit out.
There's no actual PVP on Red99. It's monk/rogue twinks with fungi/tstaff/etc smashing ungeared lowbies until they leave the server.

It is, by far and largely it's own worst enemy. You can't constantly beg for new players, and then grief them off while crying nobody plays your shit hole server.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no actual PVP on Red99. It's monk/rogue twinks with fungi/tstaff/etc smashing ungeared lowbies until they leave the server.

It is, by far and largely it's own worst enemy. You can't constantly beg for new players, and then grief them off while crying nobody plays your shit hole server.
When I tried red....it was actually 4 of those grouped (epic rogues with fungi) ....running around and then ganked me in crushbone. There was no one else in the zone....

Red players are worse at PVP then blue players :P On blue you can actually fight people in fair fights....red they are just trying to get their griefing kicks.
Closed Thread