Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 12:39 PM
Orc

Default FTE Race Lines

Hi, looking for written rules on the following in regards to FTE targets:

1) Where must FTErs start while their trackers wait for a pop?
example: I was told for Kelorek, you must be inside the druid rings of Cobalt Scar. For Gorenaire, you must not be further than the tunnel-mouth in Dreadlands. What other targets have restrictions, and where are they?

2) Where can non-fte players hang out? I'd think it only matters where you start to run and get FTE, not where you bring the mob to kill it. Does EVERYONE you intend to kill a target with have to be at the 'start line' or further back?
example: Last night I beat Blood Guard to the FTE on Kelorek but was instantly bombarded with tells about my guildies standing outside the rings - If the players outside the ring are not making any movements towards the target, why does it matter if they are chilling in the zone waiting for a successful FTE?

I'm looking for some GM messages specifying the rules, as I could not see them on the Raid Rules forum post.
Thanks,
T
Old 05-19-2019, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Everything is usually at the zone line, except for zones like the ones you listed that don't really have a clear zone line. The only ones I can think of not on your list would be Fay, which uses Ogre Island, and for anything inside Hate/Fear people wait outside--though, I don't know what people do for hate minis or fear golems.

Anyone beyond the starting line is considered a tracker, regardless of if they're going to participate in fte or not.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyone beyond the starting line is considered a tracker, regardless of if they're going to participate in fte or not.
This is very important to remember if your guild is going after VS in KC or trak in sebilis and you are trying to exp in those locations
Old 05-19-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Dain Frostreaver IV: Behind the archway just past the zone line.
Faydedar: On the island with the Ogre camp (#1 on wiki map).
Gorenaire: At the druid rings.
Kael Drakkal: Behind the ice/snow line at the Wakening Lands zone line.
Kelorek`Dar: At the zone in rings or Siren's Grotto zone line.
Lady Vox: Before the ladder at the zone in.
Lord Nagafen: In the entrance tunnel from Lavastorm.
Lord Yelinak: At the fountain to Cobalt Scar or Wakening Lands zone line.
Severilous: At the Field of Bone or Trakanon's Teeth zone lines.
Sleeper's Tomb: Behind the entrance door.
Talendor: At the Burning Woods or Overthere zone lines.
Temple of Veeshan: Behind the bottom step just past the entrance door.
Trakanon: At the zone in.
Veeshan's Peak: On the blue entrance pad.
Venril Sathir: The hallway between the entrance zonelines.
Zlandicar: Behind the zone in portal.
---
Plane of Fear: At the PoF portal in Feerrott.
Plane of Hate: Anywhere not in Hate unless actively clearing with a raid force.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 05-19-2019, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
---
Old 05-20-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
---

This seemed like something that should be general knowledge, so I wikified it:

http://wiki.project1999.com/FTE_Race_Lines

If there are any changes to these lines (or if I got the rules summary at the top wrong in any way) please feel free to correct it yourself; it's a wiki!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

I recently sought clarifications around DQs. This is my understanding, which Llandris confirmed is in line with the current rules:

Natural Spawns
You are DQd from a target if you have more than two past the line when it spawns, unless your entire raid force:
  • leaves the wing if in ToV; or
  • returns to the blue pad if in VP; or
  • was in PoH and actively clearing when a Innoruuk or a mini spawned.
In any other instance you remain DQd from that target until it dies and will face concessions and loot deletion if you engage.

Two past the line includes everyone with your guild tag. People not going for FTE, people AFK somewhere in zone, people in an XP group who don't even attend your raid, etc. all count toward the two tracker limit.

Earthquakes
You are not DQd from any targets as long as your entire raid force:
  • leaves the wing if in ToV; or
  • zones out if in any planes; or
  • returns to the zone line if in any other zone.
If you engage without doing this you are getting tracker FTE and will be forced to concede (and face loot deletion).

---

The FTE lines in the new raid rules effectively define the closest point your FTErs or raid forces can stand - anyone past those lines are "trackers".

You're free to set up elsewhere if you so choose, but you must be further back than the defined line.
Last edited by rezzie; 05-23-2019 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Clarified locations/targets
Old 05-23-2019, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Two past the line includes everyone with your guild tag. People not going for FTE, people AFK somewhere in zone, people in an XP group who don't even attend your raid, etc. all count toward the two tracker limit.
I do not concede.

The leveling guilds should decide this by-law. They have little input to the raid scene, stay out the leveling scene.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogs4ever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not concede.

The leveling guilds should decide this by-law. They have little input to the raid scene, stay out the leveling scene.
It's not my rule - it's what the server rules currently dictate.

I think it's silly to penalise guilds who have XPers who take no part in a raid, though it does get harder to police.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:54 PM
Kobold

*EDIT* apparently I did not see that llandris quietly updated the raid faq to include this list... however I see zero discussion or agreement from the different raiding guilds regarding this... Looks like this list was added on a whim without any real thought behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This seemed like something that should be general knowledge, so I wikified it:

http://wiki.project1999.com/FTE_Race_Lines

If there are any changes to these lines (or if I got the rules summary at the top wrong in any way) please feel free to correct it yourself; it's a wiki!
This list would be wonderfully ideal if it weren't for the fact some.of these zones have several legit zonelines.
Cobalt scar has two 2-way zonelines ( true zone lines ) and two 1-way zone lines. If a portal ring is considered a legit zonelines while being only a 1-way zone in, you must also consider the PoM 1-way zone in as a legit zoneline.

Now there could be an argument made for using the 1-way zone in prior to pop. I.e. should 1-way zones be treated like plane of fear where people must wait outside until pop?

However, both SS and SG zonelines are legit 2-way zonelines and in no way go against the fte rules as far as a starting line goes.

Sol B - this zone also has several legit 2-way zonelines, while most are not viable choices, the rear zoneline between sola and solb is in fact a legit zoneline as far as the fte rules state.

Without specific clarification and addition to our current fte rules there is little to no reason for someone to believe there is any difference between a given zoneline whether that be a port ring/spire, a 2-way zoneline, or a 1-way zoneline.

TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R this wiki page would be ideal if the zonelines were in fact clarified. However, they are not and this list is merely an unofficial interpretation of the facts without any real confirmation and merely serves to cause more confusing arguments between players.
Last edited by Puluin; 06-01-2019 at 02:02 PM..
Closed Thread