Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Kobold

Dark Elf is way too common.

Erudite all the way.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dark Elf is way too common.

Erudite all the way.
Yeah. Look how handsome we are....
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2019, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for all the responses! going to fool around a little bit with erudite. I'm really intrigued with the idea of not being Kos in some of these good cities.

It's funny that shadowknight is a really tough choice when it comes to race when all my other classes it was pretty easy picking something I wanted
Old 03-15-2019, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

With Erud you trade 5 useless disease resist for 5 awesome magic resist too!

Don't forget to get your ago to 75+... I also find weapon skills accrue much faster with 75+ dex, though I'm not sure if that is just me being crazy!
Old 03-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the responses! going to fool around a little bit with erudite. I'm really intrigued with the idea of not being Kos in some of these good cities.

It's funny that shadowknight is a really tough choice when it comes to race when all my other classes it was pretty easy picking something I wanted
I'd only go with troll, ogre, or iksar. Plan to solo/duo a lot, take iksar or troll, plan to group a lot, take ogre(frontal stun is really quite useful when splitting mobs with FD).
Old 03-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With Erud you trade 5 useless disease resist for 5 awesome magic resist too!

Don't forget to get your ago to 75+... I also find weapon skills accrue much faster with 75+ dex, though I'm not sure if that is just me being crazy!
Depends on who you are "trading with":

Str+stam+ int = 337 for ogre, 262 for erudites. I'd honestly give stamina a 150% modifier in usefulness, making the difference even more stark before even touching on slam or FSI.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Str+stam+ int = 337 for ogre, 262 for erudites. I'd honestly give stamina a 150% modifier in usefulness, making the difference even more stark before even touching on slam or FSI.
Ogres have pretty OP stats, but I can't make myself play one. Ugly AF and you have to pay a fat tax in dungeons for eternity (shrink pots) unless you enjoy getting stuck/not being able to cast in a ton of places.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

Consider only sta/int, 90% of our gear has +str, if you don't cap str even on the weakest race at high lvl you have some issue...
Old 03-16-2019, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The point I was making was in reference to the comparisons and contrasts between dark elves and erudites. Though you're not wrong about overall ogre awesomeness.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

If you ignore str, ogres get 197 vs erudite 192... Through sta is more important in my book...
High str definitely helps a lot to level and when undergeared... Later it's just a waste of stat points...
Closed Thread