Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Enchanter would add more DPS to the group than a nuker just from haste and c2. A charmed pet does about the DPS of 1.5 melee I would guess.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starts being worthwhile around lvl 23-24 with osargen in HhK
What a coincidence, my enchanter just hit 24.
Perhaps I should run some tests to see what's better at leveling... your charm strats (which are inevitably going to get me killed)
or the "slow" road level grind with my brand new shiny bob level 24 animation.
This weekend should be quite fascinating. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2019, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Charm is quite bad when you get it due to it's formula and the much smaller difference of levels between you at level 12 and blue cons. Around 29 is where it really comes into it's own. Charms are typically the main DPS in a group so realistically if you want to forgo them you will not be as wanted for group play. Recommend watching a youtuber and seeing how other's handle it might give you better grasp on the strategy.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What a coincidence, my enchanter just hit 24.
Perhaps I should run some tests to see what's better at leveling... your charm strats (which are inevitably going to get me killed)
or the "slow" road level grind with my brand new shiny bob level 24 animation.
This weekend should be quite fascinating. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By all means if you are soloing and aren’t comfortable charm killing then wait a few levels. In a group you’ll have to root or something to get hit before “Bob” starts hitting for 25 damage, but hey man you do you not everyone has the same skill level. Make sure to keep charmed pet tashed and /pet guard a safe distance from you. If you can get Malo/snare from a shaman/mage/Druid/ranger will further mitigate risk.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By all means if you are soloing and aren’t comfortable charm killing then wait a few levels. In a group you’ll have to root or something to get hit before “Bob” starts hitting for 25 damage, but hey man you do you not everyone has the same skill level. Make sure to keep charmed pet tashed and /pet guard a safe distance from you. If you can get Malo/snare from a shaman/mage/Druid/ranger will further mitigate risk.
I've been using knives mostly. I'm a MMA - Mixed Magical Arts.
Throwing is highly effective at dragging (1) monster to you to hit you. Take 3 steps back.
Since I maxed out throwing early on, i can do a consistent 7-10 damage per throw while my minion triple hits for about 25 and my DoTs do an additional 12 orso.
Around 50% used to be my cutoff point of nuking and 40% if I wanted the flee bonus.
That's more or less the strategy I've been using so far, it's fairly consistent and let's me know early on if I'm killing something that is too beefy. Having that extra 7 seconds to do anything is so vital when you're an enchanter.

The charm strategy I was using was more or less the same as this except with a much larger MP loss due to recharming, roots, messes, and emergency nukes. Additionally it caused multiple deaths around the board.

I generally don't do groups, there are never groups in the areas I'm killing, and the areas that I'm not killing are generally too high for my spells to even hit. It's a pretty funny conundrum when you think about it, because I wouldn't be able to really charm yellows and reds that effectively in the first place. :-)

Honestly though, since I just hit 24, it'll be interesting to see how my strategy changes because I believe my DoT spell is dropping off at this point and gone for about 5 levels until it upgrades to a better one.. but my new damage spell and pet should cover, so I may have to tank a bit more.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:21 PM
Banned

Should never be charming reds yellows or even really whites. Roflmao man your last post gave me a good laugh.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should never be charming reds yellows or even really whites. Roflmao man your last post gave me a good laugh.
kinda like charm being on page 45 of my spellbook gives me a good laugh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2019, 12:40 AM
Sarnak

LOL this post.

Like Wall said... we had a few people in SG the other day and I was out of group solo and was taking XP from a group with Rogue, Monk, and a few others. You CANT beat pet damage.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 04-13-2019, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Any similarly leveled melee should out dps animations.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL this post.

Like Wall said... we had a few people in SG the other day and I was out of group solo and was taking XP from a group with Rogue, Monk, and a few others. You CANT beat pet damage.
"Level of Monsters: 50-60+" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread