Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Cannot find login server account instructions

Hello all,

I'm new to this system. I played EQ up to and including Luclin in the past. I'm trying to follow instructions in the sticky post to get started playing. Game is installed and I'm firing it up, but I can't find the instructions in the sticky "getting started" post to sign up on the login server and start playing. The post here says something like, for instructions on how to set up your account with the login server, go to "step 4." Such things are not mentioned in step 4, and the keyword 'login' does not appear below that mention in the post.

Please help - I'd like to get started to play!
Windows 10

Thank you.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out Mavinor?
Old 06-22-2019, 11:59 PM
Large Rat

Same question here.
I think the login server is on the left of the home page where it says "create account", but I can't connect to the server, still.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Getting_Started might help (and if it doesn't let me know).

Also, feel free to edit and improve the page if anything could be clearer: it's a wiki!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:59 PM
Large Rat

Found a possible post for my issue: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=328486
But I can't tell if it is due to me having not done something or actual connection issues, as I do have a VPN network and not. I tried both.

The getting started is useful, but it doesn't tell me why the 6th link is saying I haven't setup my client.
Am I supposed to do something at the end of the linked post or is that a permanent incomplete?
Old 06-23-2019, 09:46 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
feel free to edit and improve the page if anything could be clearer: it's a wiki!
How would I edit the instructions page, it seems to leave the Wiki page?
Turns out my issue was because I never found the "edit eqhost.txt" step until I started going through the troubleshooting steps.

Knowing that that does, that kind of needs to be in the standard instructions... or at least clearer, it is outside of step 2.
Closed Thread