Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Default Knight bug?

Ok, so I have heard for a long time about stat bugs for knight classes, but I have started to notice it first hand now so I wanted to ask on the forums.

59 Dark Elf SK here....

Noticed my AC had cracked 1K, it was 1026 or something, and I was excited, /told a few people... the next day, I noticed I was 955 AC (or something). I double checked all my gear, made sure everything was equipped, and it was... figured I must have had a buff on me or something.

Well a few days later I noticed I was over 1K again. Now this could be a placebo effect but I felt MUCH stronger with the ~60AC and extra ATK as well. 60 AC is pretty significant....

People in /gu were telling me to log a toon in to CS and that would fix it, and all sorts of stuff, I tried logging a few toons in, to retrace my steps from the previous night and I have not been able to get the "bonus" stats since....

Any ideas?
Old 05-31-2019, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

I forget the link to the bug report to solve this or what's causing it, but the easy fix is that yes, you can log a character on your client in Cobalt Scar and then log onto your main character and it will solve it, OR you can do the same with a character in East Commons. In either case, it's supposedly ONLY a display bug, and not an actual issue with a character having a lower AC.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I needed. I did have a Druid logged in in EC that last time I showed it "correctly".
Old 05-31-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

I know it’s been said it’s just a visual difference only but it does really FEEL like it’s having an impact. More than a few times I’ve been out hunting wondering why the mobs are thrashing me more than expected only to realize I forgot to log in the EC trash toon first. Quickly doing the character hop fixes not only the visual display but also the relative thrashing.

Anecdotal or not ... it consistently feels like it’s not just a visual bug.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-31-2019, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... it consistently feels like it’s not just a visual bug.
I figure we're stuck living with it. Haynar seemingly doesn't know how to fix it, he's tried a couple times and failed. The person who originally programmed the skill reduction (remember Titanium defaults to the higher values--if nobody ever touched it to begin with we wouldn't be having this discussion) no longer seems to have association with P99. Stinks but that's the apparent situation. Note that the glitch affects all skills that have client-side reductions, and in at least some cases (like Druid Tracking) it's very clearly cosmetic only since track radius does not change regardless of whether the value is high and white or low/red. Hopefully it's cosmetic for all.

Danth
Old 05-31-2019, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it’s been said it’s just a visual difference only but it does really FEEL like it’s having an impact. More than a few times I’ve been out hunting wondering why the mobs are thrashing me more than expected only to realize I forgot to log in the EC trash toon first. Quickly doing the character hop fixes not only the visual display but also the relative thrashing.

Anecdotal or not ... it consistently feels like it’s not just a visual bug.
Don’t stop believing!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

A gm said recently it was purely visual... But I have my doubt too... Also I am pretty sure this has to do with the lack of chardok 2.0 full patch, either the bug on skills or the lack of know how to change things there....
Old 06-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Aviak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...efense&page=34

This was the last post I can find about it, also older posts on attempts to fix it.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineubis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

59 Dark Elf SK here....

Noticed my AC had cracked 1K, it was 1026 or something, and I was excited, /told a few people... the eas?
Is that average for a 59sk? I wish this server had leaderboards to look for gear suggestions/see how appropriate your gear is for your level so you can get a better understanding of what your upgrades should be.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Tbh the average doesn't really matter; you just need sufficient AC for the content you want to do considering the force available to you.

With how long the server has been open, and the knowledge we have, I'm sure most SKs have more than enough AC. As such just because you might have 'less than average' AC won't necessarily mean you have a bad build for the content you are doing.
Closed Thread