Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hear they have several deleveled epic rogues that like to camp the noobie grounds.
Can't use epics at "noobie" levels. #FakeNews
Old 06-19-2019, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't use epics at "noobie" levels. #FakeNews
You may not be able to equip the actual item but the term 'epic <insert class>' usually implies that character is very well geared up to and including having their epic. You don't see too many rogues in banded armor running around with epics.

Do you play on red? If you do, are you saying there are no de-leveled rogues that make a habit of camping the noobie areas?
Old 06-19-2019, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just make lguk a PvP zone?
the idea that they could block blue from getting guises or manastones by not even letting them into guk alltogether would actually be a great way to recruit all the red players to green99 heh

Actulaly now that I think about it, I bet a few of them are already building their train army accounts just for the lols of it until they are all banned....

hold onto your butts its gonna be a bumpy ride :P
Last edited by Jibartik; 06-19-2019 at 10:47 AM..
Old 06-19-2019, 11:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pvp flag forced on while carrying a manastone in your inventory.
That would be pretty interesting. If you kill the person, you get the manastone and instantly become flagged. There'd be a lot of people hiding away in little dark corners of the world hoping no one comes after their precious.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I was totally joking when I said that but it would actually be an interesting take on pvp in an open world game like eq.

like in eq you turn in a book, there is no reward, just that you can be attacked by other people now, seems like a no brainer to not turn in a book.

But if by turning in the book, you do like 20% extra damage to PVE then, well that's another story...

In other words what I am wondering is would I turn in the book and be flagged for pvp, if there was a pve reward for it? Idk, probubly not, but you never know lol
Old 06-19-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

The reward is you get to fight for the first place in line among the red name toons!
Old 06-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

The PvP experiment failed miserably.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

I love PvP in MMOs.
I love EverQuest.

I do not love EverQuest PvP. It just doesn't feel like a game that was a) designed for it and b) is good in a PvP context. Just my two cents though, I know some people have a blast on PvP servers.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Of course it will be, don't you worry guys playing on red, you're not forgotten. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-19-2019, 11:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love PvP in MMOs.
I love EverQuest.

I do not love EverQuest PvP. It just doesn't feel like a game that was a) designed for it and b) is good in a PvP context. Just my two cents though, I know some people have a blast on PvP servers.
EQ pvp back in the day had plenty of warts. Out of level range and cross teaming healers come to mind immediately but there were plenty of other issues. That said, it gave you a sense of nervousness and tension when you were trying to sneak through a zone or area that was controlled by an enemy team because you truly had something to lose if you were killed in pvp. You'd either be 'coined' (VZ and TZ) or lose an item (RZ) not to mention the possibility of being corpse camped. I have only really experienced that sense of tension in one other game and that was Shadowbane where you lost everything you were carrying when you died. I miss that feeling but not enough to play on a server that peaks at 100 players.
Closed Thread