Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-24-2018, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#MakeVesselGreatAgain

Phayln - 60 Enchanter
Only if you let me loot the rod...
Old 04-25-2018, 07:53 AM
Aviak

There is no evidence in any of those links of anything.

Spend your time and effort getting the GMs to discourage buying/selling loot rights. We have 2 Earthquakes a month(?) now. There are plenty of spawns to go around if you don't have to compete with plat farmers.

And to be clear, I need this piece and have been checking for VD for about 1 year now and have seen him up exactly once. I had my shot at him about 9 months ago and lost to him at 20% but I am better equipped to handle it now and will kill him the next time I get a clean shot at him, even if it takes another 9 months.

I do not support changing the spawn time. It will cheesedick any effort I've put in to accomplishing this on my own.

To the people that spend days and days on end poopsocking this, that's your choice. You don't have to waste your life waiting for this. There isn't anything you can't do in this game without the Epic item.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no evidence in any of those links of anything.

Spend your time and effort getting the GMs to discourage buying/selling loot rights. We have 2 Earthquakes a month(?) now. There are plenty of spawns to go around if you don't have to compete with plat farmers.

And to be clear, I need this piece and have been checking for VD for about 1 year now and have seen him up exactly once. I had my shot at him about 9 months ago and lost to him at 20% but I am better equipped to handle it now and will kill him the next time I get a clean shot at him, even if it takes another 9 months.

I do not support changing the spawn time. It will cheesedick any effort I've put in to accomplishing this on my own.

To the people that spend days and days on end poopsocking this, that's your choice. You don't have to waste your life waiting for this. There isn't anything you can't do in this game without the Epic item.
You will note the OP has absolutely nothing to do with Vessel - that’s idle chatter with some of the chanters I have been socking Vessel with the last few days. The OP is about Verina. And the point is that the exact same source that was used to create the 5 day window contains different in-era information related to Verina. If the source was good enough to create that spawn time, it’s at least persuasive to change it.

At one point this server had a two hour Vessel spawn time, and many other i in classic bits. The point of this server is to replicate the classic experience - and evidence indicates that, at least for Verina, there is no reason for this window. The reason this one caught my attention is because I have to deal with it and the window is so much larger than any other spawn in the game (to my knowledge). Even the famed Stormfeathwr camp has not gone with no spawn as long as the 120 hour window that VT can go - as far as I know.

Finally, I don’t really care about cheesedicking your efforts. I have my VT piece - this is about making it better for others later. I’ve also never heard of anyone selling VT/VD loot rights, so I don’t think that’s an issue, unless it’s happening on some RMT Black Market.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorlon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You do realize this project is about re-creating classic EQ as accurately as possible, not ... anything to do with your lactose covered member?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

How many times, in the history of this server, has someone sold Verina loot rights? In my multiple years of playing here, I've never seen it. I've seen multiple people ask, and never get a response.

Anyone that could solo her could easily make more plat elsewhere, and any guild/group that'd be willing to sock her could definitely make boatloads of more plat elsewhere. It's not people selling loot rights killing VT, or VD.

It doesn't matter if we have 2 or even 10 earthquakes a month, if the spawn isn't classic then it's not classic and needs to be changed. P99 isn't Luclin, and this spawn is based off a guide from Luclin when the same guide from Velious contradicts it.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update

-Verina Tomb will be a 48-96 hour spawn

If further research is found, please update this thread or create a new one.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:54 PM
Aviak

Seems logical both VT and VD would be updated with the same window, no?
Old 04-25-2018, 08:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benisato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spawntime
#Sep 24 2001 at 3:10 AMRating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
Spawntime is like Verina Tomb 48hours + 10% = 52.8 hours.

Flarus Germanicus
57th Dark Elf Beguiler
Ragor Fettwiesau
55th Ogre Myrmidon
-Divide et Impera- Bristlebane

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...4&p=4#comments
This seems like the most likely formula they would have used when creating this spawn timer, to allow it to slowly get later and later so people of different time zones could get these 2 spawns..
Old 04-25-2018, 08:24 PM
Aviak

Lisset Beggarsbane

re: Verina Tomb
Postby Lisset Beggarsbane on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:50 pm
Up Vote
Down Vote
I would suggest Vessel Drozlin as well to that list. same spawn window size as Verina.

http://www.asgardguild.net/forums/vi...php?t=10777636

Another post stating the spawn timers are the same..
Old 04-25-2018, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Good work Baylan. I have to say it's crazy to me that over the years you are the first person to find/post this evidence, maybe I'm just pessimistic but I did not expect it to be changed, especially so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benisato [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems logical both VT and VD would be updated with the same window, no?
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

It is logical VT and VD would have the same window, but there is solid evidence for VT to have a shorter window and there isn't the same evidence for VD. The Velious version of the guide that VT spawn was based off of doesn't even have a timer for VD, and the Luclin version says 2 - 7 days. If someone finds the evidence for VD to have a shorter window it seems Nilbog is willing to change it, but I really doubt he's going to just change it because it seems like that's how it should be.

Either way, one 2 day window and one 5 day window is a hell of a lot better than it was previously.

Quote:
Another post stating the spawn timers are the same..
Asgard was a p99 guild, they are talking about the p99 timers not Live in 2001.