Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 01:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To this day, I still remember when Luclin was released, there was one lone seller in the East Commonlands tunnels begging anybody to just look at his items for sale. The day I decided to give this server a go (after contemplating my gaming situation as before to what could be now), the moment I stepped from West Freeport to East Commonlands and saw the ~spam~ of auctions, I felt good.

Yup - that.

I can appreciate that people always want more content - but that just turns this into a live progression server.

There are obviously issues with p99. It has proven to be a perfect social experiment in why modern MMOs need to have instanced raids.

However, for the people that haven't jumped in and exhausted the content, the server is great at capturing that original EQ feel. I started in 2013 here and even at that point the end game was exhausted. I still had a perfect experience leveling up and getting to complete my gear sets like I did back in 99/2000.

Then, it got stale so I walked away. Oh well - that should somewhat be the expectation with a server designed to be stuck in time.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blathe Shadowsbane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Change my mind. Yeah i know brad/aradune left, but eventually I'd love a server to just let us play up to Luclin.
TAKP will likely remain in Luclin for quite awhile before PoP is released [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .
Old 04-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To this day, I still remember when Luclin was released, there was one lone seller in the East Commonlands tunnels begging anybody to just look at his items for sale. The day I decided to give this server a go (after contemplating my gaming situation as before to what could be now), the moment I stepped from West Freeport to East Commonlands and saw the ~spam~ of auctions, I felt good.

On E'ci, EC was still the hotspot until the merchant/seller thing happened
Old 04-25-2018, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't play enough luclin - but for me, the bazaar killed a huge part of the game.
Yep, that is what I been talking about, most of the convenience, ends up destroying most incentives for more meaningful human interaction.

P99 being permalocked, perhaps with some addition or revamp of classic zones, is the way for me to keep the original eq spirit alive.

Anything else is just trying to emulate LIVE and that is in my very personal opinion the wrong path.

The more classic the better[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 04-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 being permalocked, perhaps with some addition or revamp of classic zones, is the way for me to keep the original eq spirit alive.

The more classic the better[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adding completely new additions, or revamps, to classic zones is more classic than releasing classic Luclin.

Wut?
60 Magician - Magicgnome Magicmike
60 Epic Druid - Druidog Godruid
60 Epic Enchanter - Brainfreeze
60 Epic Shaman - Shamikaze Suicideslower
56 Epic Cleric - Letsplay Everquest
56 Necro - Necromann Sir
52 Epic Rogue - Mickstabber
Old 04-25-2018, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adding completely new additions, or revamps, to classic zones is more classic than releasing classic Luclin.

Wut?
In regards to keeping as much as possible and feasible to classic while trying to advance, but not going towards luclin?

If this were true classic there would be no gnome SKs for example.

That is all. I do not think anyone here believe this is 100% classic, but a version as close to classic, yet people want to progress, so I believe the best compromise is some revamps of classic zones as the lmit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope that is understood?

Personally though I even believe Velious is a bit much haha, I just love the old world and Kunark mostly.

Cheers!
----------------------------------
[center]
Last edited by Vormotus; 04-25-2018 at 04:34 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turn the Shady Swashbuckler area of the EC tunnel into an Arena. That was the best part of Luclin... The Bazaar arena was always poppin off
the bazaar arena! so cool
Old 04-25-2018, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the bazaar arena! so cool
Yeah that was a ton of fun. Even before PoP there was always a good amount of people on Bertoxx server brawling in the Freeport arena. Great times. Bazaar arena would get crazy.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Some of the most fun I had in EQ was in bazaar arena and dueling in EC. Nobody ever duels in EC here tho. Was a constant thing to have a bunch of people dueling near shady on Emarr.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Old 04-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Project Manager

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutsumo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was a constant thing to have a bunch of people dueling near shady on Emarr.
Closed Thread